Breaking News Thread

There’s no transfer of undertakings. Change of service provision? Possibly. Need to know more.

1 Like

As a speech therapist myself this was interesting to hear about. Unless he had a stroke recently that never went public, this type of condition (aphasia) can also appear as a result of the onset on dementia.

For those who don’t know, aphasia is a condition that affects one’s abilities to use language. It may manifest in different ways depending on the individual or the source of the physiological impairment, but it commonly appears as difficulty with word finding, or having difficulty understanding what is being said. You cannot underestimate how large of an impact it can have on quality of life and daily functioning and participating in community.

He will no doubt be receiving the best treatment.

3 Likes

Things in Sri Lanka is really unravelling. Things have been bad for few months, though it’s been under the radar. There’s another protest planned for Sunday, the government has imposed curfew.

Thanks for clarifying this. When the story broke I was wondering if it is something that develops rather than being something he may have struggled with since childhood etc.

Interestingly, there is a subtype of aphasia that develops; Primary Progressive Aphasia. It is a type of dementia, and I wonder if this is the type that Bruce might have.

2 Likes

Must be horrific either way. We take being able to communicate for granted

2 Likes

Yeah Dementia IMO too. By the sound of it fairly quickly progressing - fair chance he wont be around in 5 years.

Perhaps - the thing that interested me in the reports (other than why the fuck did he not just retire earlier - does he really still need the money?) is that they talked not simply about Bruce having problems with specific words but being confused about where he was and why he was there. PPA diagnosis requires that language problems are the first symptom and only impairment during the initial phase of the disease. So, going on the third hand reports(!), either he doesn’t have PPA (hence generic dementia comment) or his PPA is quite advanced. Both are very bad signs for him.

Yeah cognitive impairment very common amongst population with PPA.

Big scandal

1 Like

All Epilim now comes with warnings on the box or if it’s packed down a leaflet is supplied. This is standard across NHS hospitals. Only in the last few years though.

Cannot speak to supplies from GPs though.

FFS

1 Like

This Wagatha Christie trial brought by Rebekah Vardy suing Coleen Rooney for libel is fascinating.

Vardy looks like an utter cunt.

So far Coleen has been wiping the floor with her but today Wayne is due to give evidence. I can’t help feeling that his recent questioning of City’s 2012 title win, drawing plenty from the well of conspiracy theories, is going to be bad timing for his wife’s case. I expect him to have a very uncomfortable day under cross examination.

Think thats because she utterly is. By contrast, Coleen - a normal, fairly decent by WAG standards flawed human - seems like a saint and intellectual powerhouse. By extension, Wayne seems certain to be a much more normal decent human than Jamie.

We’ve got a libel case in Oz involving a decorated SAS soldier who is suing because he was accused of war crimes - a much more substantive issue clearly! However there are a number of similarities as the soldier in question is an absolute and utter cunt and - although much better advised (his father was a Supreme court Judge) and he is corporately backed - having his month(s) in court will ultimately ensure his reputation will forever be tarnished.

1 Like

its not happened yet…

and i really, really, hope it doesnt happen…

but the breaking news for the next 2 days will be the Rangers fans rampaging through Seville

This is the drink-driving, cheating on his pregnant wife, granny-shagger you’re talking about right?!

Rebeca Vardy is a cunt.

2 Likes

Quote from Rooney during the court proceedings on the Beeb article:

The court also heard Mr Rooney had never had a personal relationship with any journalist from the Sun newspaper.

“Everyone knows the history between Liverpudlians and the Sun newspaper,” he said, with reference to the coverage around the Hillsborough disaster. “I have never spoken to a Sun journalist on a personal level.”

1 Like