Breaking News Thread

33 years ago. I still remember the outrage. People have been killed due to it so i am not discussing the content !

A gunman has killed at least ten people in a mass shooting in Montenegro.

The attack took place on Friday in the central city of Cetinje, not far from the capital Podgorica.

According to local media, six others were wounded in the shooting - including a police officer.

The suspected shooter, who had apparently been involved in a family dispute, was reportedly killed after shooting at law enforcement officials.

According to local outlets he opened fire at passers-by in his neighbourhood at random before he was himself shot dead.

Prime Minister Dritan Abazovic said the government was declaring three days of mourning following the tragedy.

“I invite all the citizens of Montenegro to be with the families of the innocent victims,” he wrote on Telegram.

The city of Cetinje is home to the picturesque Adriatic nation’s former royal capital, and is situated in a mountainous valley around 36km (22 miles) west of the capital.

2 Likes

Shocking. @Nikola, hoping you’re ok, mate.

4 Likes

Thanks, mate. No one close to me was hurt but I’m in disbelief. Montenegro is a small country, about 620 thousand people, and nothing like this has ever happened before. Yes, there were hits on members of organised criminal gangs (actually, they’re a commonplace now and I’m petrified because you never know if an innocent person might get caught in the line of fire) but something like this…

No one could dream it even in the worst of nightmares. He first killed his close relatives, starting with their two children - two children!!! - and shot their mother (who later succumbed to her injuries) before trying to find their father, her husband, and inform him about that. He then started shooting at random passers-by, engaging the police as well (he shot one policeman in the head, he’s in critical condition now) before he was shot by another man, presumably a civilian, who wanted to stop him from killing more people.

I can’t believe that this can happen here. I apologise for repeating myself but my people have truly suffered a lot, especially over the past thirty years or so: wars, inflation, economical crises, political divisions, pandemic… But I never thought that something like this was possible here.

7 Likes

It sounds like Rushdie may survive

1 Like

Is this a “terror” attack? Yes of course it was terrifying but will it be classed as a terrorist attack? Hopefully this guy will get a stiff sentence.

Though there are many roads to radicalisation, there must now be enough data points to form a profile that allows us to understand why and how these individuals emerge. Surely once there is a basic understanding, there should be an educational program in place to counter the influences that precipitate them.

1 Like

Are we sure it’s not already there for some of them from birth?
I saw a program about 10/15 years ago about serial killers.One of the guys(seemed quite intelligent) in jail said he should never be released as he would just end up comitting those same crimes again.‘He said he knew it was wrong to do what he did because he was told it was wrong’.but there was nothing he could do to stop himself from doing it again.

Really sorry for you mate. It’s terrible to see someone lose his marbles that way. Absolutely terrible.

But it’s still good to know that you and your beloved ones are being spared at least.

2 Likes

So glad to know you and your family are safe. I am so shocked to hear this. Never thought it woud happen in your city.

What is going on in this world?

Good news about Rushdie

7 Likes

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Omg! This criminal organisation used a Yoga school to hide their hideous crimes and exploitation of vulnerable people

Another kid murdered in Liverpool.

There’s a really horrible culture here in certain demographics. Best city in the world my arse.

I heard the news this morning. What the hell is going on there. And on the anniversary of Reece James.
Apparently. the gunman burst into the house. Not sure if it was a case of mistaken identity maybe.
I hope the culprit gets caught.

There have been 2 or 3 “mistaken identity” shootings this week, and the words are to people in the know…“do not grass”…so in the depths of their mysterious world…someone does know…dreadful, dreadful…the world has gone absolutely mad…what next???

2 Likes

A lot of people here think ‘grassing’ is less honorable than killing kids. That’s a problem.

Absolute morons and scumbags the lot of them.

7 Likes

Keep safe ILLOK…you and yours…

3 Likes

Just to re-emphasis this. Cannot understand that thinking outside of a few scumbag criminal associates.

That’s absolutely pathetic. Never encountered such a mindset until I moved here.

1 Like

Isn’t there a special number people can call and stay anonymous? This is a child for God’s sake.
This is absolutely shocking.

Stay safe ILLOK, always check before you open the door.

1 Like