Climate Catastrophe

52.9°C in the shadow? If yes, it’s absolutely insane!

1 Like

Is that an urban heat island effect? What is the temperature like in surrounding rural areas?

1 Like

Scorchio!

2 Likes

Can’t say about Delhi, but Heat Sink is very real in Dhaka. The streets with trees are considerably (2-5C) cooler than the nearby ones without tree cover. Last year, I saw a heat map taken around midnight, and Dhaka was still Yellow while the rest of the country had turned blue.

2 Likes

Trees are our friends.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Actually, we and all animals on earth live in a perfect state of symbiosis with them. We need the O2 they produce in order to live, while they need the CO2 all animals emanate (it’s not the only source for them, but still an important one) in order to grow and produce photosynthesis.

So yes, they are our friends, most definitely, but also much more than that. We are literally nothing without them.

2 Likes

Do you need a bit water?

4 Likes

Hope you and our German contingent are alright.

2 Likes

You really could not make stuff like this up… the stupidity beggars belief…!!!

3 Likes

Despite their anti net zero rhetoric, the Tories are not actually that far for the rest in terms of policy. Still the rhetoric is very dangerous, making change harder to achieve. I’m really relishing the prospect of the Tories not even being in opposition and a whole different political landscape emerging. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That is Jurgen and Ulla not getting to the Swifty concert tomorrow then

Shocking images of howler monkeys falling dead off trees from heat exposure in Mexico drove attention to the wave, which lasted for weeks.

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

All I can say is the earth has been grabbed by the short and curlies since a long time. It’s now at the level of thrashing it about like crazy. Not that the earth cares.

Not helping.

When do we actually get a grip of the false messaging and get educating people?

1 Like

You can only educate those who are willing to learn.