Climate Catastrophe

She’d be better off sorting out some sort of stunt to shame China, Russia or India.

There are loads of remote regions I reckon she and a team could get to, be filmed planting trees for example, get drones to then go from ground level, rise up past the plants, and look down seeing that they’ve been arranged to spell out a message, then rising further with the aid of satellite imagery to show them in China/Russia/India.

I’ve got a lot more time for that sort of direct activism.

just found out I have a friend who is at COP in Glasgow. for some reason I thought it was a world-leader sort of thing.

It’s not being hosted by the EU or France mate… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There are parents up there from my kids school. Networking basically.

I knew that dairy/beef industry was responsible for a lot of harmful emissions but I had always assumed it was because of cows farting. Apparently, it’s their burping which is the bigger problem.

Everybodylovesraymond GIF by TV Land

Like this one here. Clearly had a good lunch.

Maybe he was just resting his eyes? ©️Joe Biden.

Who’s the guy on Johnson’s right? It’s been bugging me.

But it is easier to work from the back end…

https://open.alberta.ca/publications/9781460125533

2 Likes

flying halfway around the world to network about climate change. there’s a minor irony in this, I think.

Anyways, I hope something comes of it. Not just empty promises.

I’ve been trying to steer the missus away from online shopping, but she’s pretty dead-set against heading to any sort of shopping mall even though we’ve been vaccinated. it’s absolutely bizarre. thousands of extra cars on the road doing all of these parcel deliveries is a major problem for the workforce and for retail sales yet folks are perfectly happy sitting on their couch to do their Xmas shopping. Scary stuff.

As the actress said to the bishop

Sec Gen of the UN, Gutierrez.

1 Like

Tbf, they took the train I think and they do own fully electric vehicles. Their level of smug superiority will remain undented!

1 Like

At the same time, munching their way through a Domino’s pizza, delivered to the front door by someone in a car.

well my friend is from Vancouver sooooooo…

Online ordering should be a smaller carbon footprint but not if most of what you’re buying is made in China.

2 Likes

Or maybe he’s shitfaced? I know what I think.

He’s not currently drinking

1 Like

Oh right yeah. I totally believe him.

he’s the guy that lost the musical chairs game.