The Copa America

Well done Colombia. You have escaped from a super spreader event.

3 Likes

Still haven’t managed to sort out your mess, eh!!! :expressionless:

It was an utterly stupid tournament with that structure. I’m sure Conmebol will find a way to make their solution even more stupid, like putting the Colombian half of the tournament in Canada. Or Japan.

:rofl:

Apparently Chile, Venezuela, and Ecuador, together has offered to host the Colombian games. CONMEBOL is trying to host the entire event in Argentina. They have less than three weeks to sort everything out.

Marquee signing. :joy:

Last summer if they had done that I would have been disappointed but he really has just delivered what most of Europe’s top clubs probably expected he would hence why he went there.

Isn’t it very late to come to this decision? Is the tournament to take place elsewhere at such short notice? Will it be postponed or even cancelled?

1 Like

It should be cancelled. Corona situation isn’t any better in other South American countries, so there’s no feasible host. Hopefully good senses will prevail. :palms_up_together::pray:

Common sense v $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know which one my money would be on.

3 Likes

And theirs too.

:flushed::pleading_face::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s typical of Bolsarno absolutely insane, can tell his popularity has dropped so low.

1 Like

“Safest football event”

Stupidity, I doubt our players will pull out as some where very supportive of Bolosarno but any player who does has my full support, this is polĂ­tics using sport, if Argentina had concerns then then the alternative is not Brazil.

I think I’ll skip watching this

1 Like

I think the South American confederation is the culprit. They just have to have the freaking tournament.

1 Like

Bolosarno faced large public protests, he is falling far behind Lula if he is allowed to run and is facing a senate inquiry, someone’s just paid someone a large amount of money to “bring football home”

And to be damned with the consequences, it’s left healthy well to do 23 year olds on deaths door, I’d be concerned about any our players setting foot there.

Luckily my boyfriend somehow got his first jab in France and got a second when he got back but this is insane and disgusting.

3 Likes

I wonder why WHO doesn’t red flag the tournament as a super spreader event. Madness, utter madness.

2 Likes

Brazil’s Europe-based players might pull out of the tournament. Seems that they’re none to happy about being forced to play in their Covid-ridden homeland. Funnily enough I was thinking earlier about the risk to our Brazilian lads.

The whole thing is a farce and should be skipped this time around.

6 Likes

The most fucked up part of that story is that with the tournament kicking off in 10 days, Brazil still have 2 world cup qualifiers to play before then, the first of which is in Brazil today.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, FIFPro, the union for players across the globe have made it clear they will support any individual who decides not to compete in the tournament.

Pussies. They should have called for the cancellation of the tournament.

Firmino, Fabinho and Alisson will refuse to take part in the Copa America, which would make them available for Jurgen Klopp at the start of pre-season. [Daily Mail].

1 Like