Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I’m generally no fan of neck tattoos but if you are going get one, don’t get that one. Looks like someone has Biroed it on.

8 and a half year contract allegedly. That’s nuts.

Can that have anything to do with FFP? His transfer fee would be spread over a longer period of time?

1 Like

With Nkunku who will join in the summer spending under the new owner will already be over £500m.

Must be nice, eh?

Caicedo and Rice before the window shuts…takes it up to 650-700m, who’s going to do anything to stop them?

Will be fun if they also fail to qualify for any European competition for next season.

:joy:

That’s an interesting idea. Could be.

Regarding the allowances given the new owners, there was definitely something introduced to allow for greater short term losses. If they could demonstrate they were going to be able to increase revenue they would be allowed to spend commensurate with that future revenue. I dont know if that could apply to Chelsea though given they likely dont have much room to quickly grow revenue as the rule wasnt meant to cover a situation like this (a club being taken away from a politically sanctioned, high spending Russian Oligarch)

They generate a lot of revenue from loans and sales so I would imagine if they have spent over the allotted threshold by now they will do a lot of business in the summer to pull that back (or at least try to).

Spent all that money yet their best defender today was Trevoh Chalobah and their most threatening attacker was Lewis Hall.

1 Like

if the manager wants those players tehn thats fine.

at least their owners are backing the manager and want to imrpove.

1 Like

Given the volume of players bought, it’s unlikely they were done so at the behest of their manager. I wonder how much of it was even down to their new recruitment team.

1 Like

I doubt any new chelsea player has even heard of Graham Potter.
But the owner is putting his money where his mouth is and he has a fucking big mouth.

meanwhile FSG have totally lost interest.

You mean they didn’t waste tons of money!!!

An owner spending money on players that may not be want the manager and recruitment team isnt an owner backing the manager. Spending by itself shouldn’t be equated with backing the manager.

1 Like

YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND I WANT SIGNINGS NOWWW!!! NEW TOYS!!!

Or at least pretty much sums up the attitude there.

You can’t waste money if you don’t spend it.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Whaaat, I think it’s funny! :joy:

And the 19 year old Levi Colwill was very good against us

1 Like

Rumour I read was that these new players coming in are direct replacements to get rid of, and clear-out the Tuchel / Abramovich regime and start the Boehly reign

Good luck with that lads. Football clubs aren’t daft. Nobody is paying top dollar for cast offs if they know you are desperate to sell.

1 Like

Took him a little bit of time to get going this year but I said back in August that out of the impressive line of academy CBs coming out of Chelsea (Guehi, Chalobah, Tomori etc) that Colwill is the best of the bunch.

They have another one, Humphreys, coming through although he’s not quite at the same level but still a good prospect.

1 Like