Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

This comment is just a load of words with nothing much said.
I’ll condense it.
He looked bright against Milner, we’ll see if he fullfils his potential.

2 Likes

For the challenge he was yellow carded on Milly put in a lot of effort to get back against Mudryk and when he realised he wasn’t catching him he stopped him as far from goal as possible. If he’d not have brought him down the lad was through on goal.
I don’t think we’d see Trent putting that effort in or ‘taking one for the team’?
I know he has different instructions/tactics than Milly. But couldn’t Jürgen and his team ask/tell him to bust a gut to get back? I know Milly is an anomaly with outrunning the rest of the squad in the lactic acid test, but he’s never been the fastest sprinter. Surely Trent can put it in over 40 yards to get back and make a challenge?

Apparently their despicable fans giving out Hillsborough related chants just 90 seconds into the game.

1 Like

I thought he played well up until that point,so it’s not really a dig, he just has a tendancy to see a player with pace and go to pieces. Tries to make tackles early knowing he can’t compete if they get away. Think those experiences with Wilfried Zaha have settled on his mind.

1 Like

Fair enough.

I felt he played really well but got caught once or twice, I thought it was a bit of a gamble playing him twice in a week but he was better than I expected considering that, getting caught out once and being almost never there are two different things and I sort of expected it would have been the case had Trent started.

We technically need two Robbos if I’m honest, until Trent somehow games the more defensive nous that he has been capable of or we move him further forward.

1 Like

Thought Mudryk looked great. Loads of pace, really good footwork, played a couple of smart passes.

Always felt like he was going to hurt us when he got the ball. There were a couple of moments of instant relief when I realised it was actually Conor Gallagher in possession.

Mudryk is going to beat a lot of defenders he was up against Milner for 18 minutes and almost got past him once when James brought him down.

Smart, effective defending by Milner

1 Like

He is going to be fast and beats every other defender in the league. And he is more of an assist player than scoring himself so it remains to be seen his final ball in the league because the easy part for a player like him is beating defenders, its adapting to the team style and putting in the final ball for the strikers to score.

They have Felix too who left an excellent impression the other day.

I’ll be not surprised if they piggyback us in the coming weeks …

1 Like

Yeah on that guys leg.

1 Like

But that’s the point. For all we know it might just be someone else’s role to take that challenge.

Alexander-Arnold has done it plenty of times. But he’s ridiculously underrated as a defender just because of the way we set up.

Leapfrog?

1 Like

Typically a piggyback would put you behind the person you are being carried by, so I agree they will indeed piggyback us.

2 Likes

As it looks like we’re not even going to take the first step in restocking our midfield during this window, sadly I fear Chelsea will comfortably leapfrog us.

1 Like

If we’re not to be piggybacked/leapfrogged by Chelsea then we really need to start showing some ‘British Bulldog’ spirit. Too many of our team playing ‘Hide and Seek’ during matches.

:thinking::wink:

I’ll see myself out. :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Adam Newson
@AdamNewson

Understand Chelsea are set to approach Benfica before the transfer window closes with another proposal for Enzo Fernandez.

Whoever is doing their new super duper insight analysis system as we were told they where doing is cheating them.

:joy: