Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

17.8% goal conversion rate. Best strikers in the world have around 50%.
I wonder what is going on with him, none of his stats are acceptable for a super striker. 35.2% duels won, 42.4% successful dribbles. He is going through a nightmare period.

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with him, that’s his ability level.

The only people that are surprised are those who hadn’t seen him play before.

6 Likes

I think his real talent is in comedy,a few decent jokes with the voice he has then he could be the new Henning Wehn.

2 Likes

It’s a joke.

1 Like

No, seriously, he was wanted by many top clubs including our own. You are now suggesting that scouts and serious football people had never seen him play a lot, and that makes absolutely no sense.
It is okay to say that “I was right about him” and all that, but it is a bit silly to say that no one thought he is a top striker who had seen him play. Makes no sense.

Frank makes 6 changes:
Chelsea (4-3-3): Mendy - Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rüdiger, Chilwell - Kanté, Jorginho, Mount - Pulisic, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi.

Smith one:
Aston Villa (4-2-3-1): Martínez - Cash, Hause, Konsa, Targett - Douglas Luiz, McGinn - Traoré, Grealish, El Ghazi - Watkins.

I’m suggesting that it’s not a surprise his conversion rate isn’t elite, he isn’t a top dribbler and he hates competing for the ball.

That’s nothing new. If the best clubs actually thought the way you said they did then one of them might have bothered to make an offer.

1 Like

You don’t think liquidity concerning Corona played a role ? It was an atrocious window for most clubs to buy players in, but Chelsea was in a special position regarding cash. He was followed with great interest by a lot of clubs, Illok.
Personally, I also think him whoring himself out in a Red Light District window also played a minor role.

He has potential if he’s learning from other forwards with more experience,but he’s not really got that around him and he’s not about to set the world alight on his tod,Jota on the other hand…

2 Likes

Jota has been an immense success along with a few other players for a few other clubs.

Chelsea has bought on paper really good players, but integration has so far failed completely.

Perhaps Jota was always better though.
But we have a very special squad with a very special mood and we have since Klopp came, been masters of integrating new players. Minamino a disappointment apart from in a few games, Keita not stable on a very high level, but he has lately improved a lot (and sometimes he is amazing). But we have managed to make even tertiary youth reserves seem like stars on occasions. I don’t think that is just because they are really, really good. Our management and integration, the very mood and spirit in our squad, also undoubtedly plays a great role, as does the fact that we play in a clear system almost always, so everyone knows what role they are supposed to play. That helps a lot.

I do think Chelsea lacks a lot of these very positive factors. But it is of course hard to say, I am not an expert on what is going on inside Chelsea to put it like that.

1 Like

Regardless, the above is my opinion and others can have a different one. I just thought it was a bit strange to say that no one who knew football valued Werner etc., knowing the great interest from top clubs in him.

Anyway, I am crossing my fingers for an Aston Villa win and an old fashioned Hat Trick for Grealish purely for the annoyance of Scott.
Imo, Lampard is taking a big chance swapping out 6 players just to make a statement on how bad they played against Arsenal. Not sure it is wise to change that many when your system doesn’t even work that well yet. Maybe Aston Villa will indeed nail this. Would be cool (except for Scott if Graelish is the “hero”).

2 Likes

Reported to the mods.

3 Likes

“See Frank, I might actually be your best striker”. Not only does he have a good conversion rate, he also gets into dangerous positions very often and creates chances. Should be valued more and treated better.

Edit: I haven’t actually checked Giroud’s conversion rate, maybe it isn’t top class, but he damn well creates chances with his positioning and runs. He has terrific timing in the box and when he runs into the box.

I really hope Giroud fucks the chavs off in January,then they’ll be fucked.

That isn’t what I said Magnus, you’ve just made that up.

1 Like

I don’t understand how I made anything up.

Was it not you writing these words ? :
There’s nothing wrong with him, that’s his ability level.

The only people that are surprised are those who hadn’t seen him play before.

What is the difference between what I said and what I quoted now ? I seriously don’t understand what you are objecting to now. I am at a loss to understand what I have up.

Now that was Yummy 1-1

1 Like

My problem with Werner last summer was not so much his (overstated) ability as his lack of grit, guts and persistence. At times, he looks like he became a professional footballer by accident.

He could score 25+ per season for Chelsea and I’ll still be glad we “missed out”. He’s the antithesis of what I like in a player.

5 Likes

The two statements have very different meanings.

I never said there’s no value in him or that no one rated him. I said that nobody who knew Werner would be surprised with those 3 specific stats/areas of his game that you posted about.

4 Likes

Anyway, I got to run. But if I offended you, @ILLOK, then I am sorry. I didn’t mean to do that, I just very much objected to what I thought was your opinion.

4 Likes