Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I have no doubt this will be the next lot to face charges sometime down the line.

1 Like

The problem when the authorities don’t do their job is that it encourages others to fill their boots. It is crucial that the Premier League prevails against Man City, and that meaningful punishment forthcoming.

I don’t understand how Chelsea are doing what they are doing. The circumstances around the Abramovich sale looked crooked - was £1.5Billion effectively wiped clean, making them just as financially doped as Man City?

And since then Boehly has been spending like there’s no tomorrow.

Lewis Hall looks a pretty good talent on the left side. Sweet left foot and strong body on him already. Similar talent to Shaw when he was breaking through at Saints perhaps.

They can pretty much get who they want even without CL.

Finishing 12th won’t bother them in the slightest, they’ll still be top 3-4 spenders in the Europe this summer.

In a sense, yes. An unintended consequence of the structure that Abramovich used that was never intended to have this effect. The holding company (Fordstam) held the zero-interest debt. With the forced sale last year, the transaction had to sever all ties between Abramovich, his companies, and Chelsea FC. Chelsea FC would not have been legally allowed to repay that debt to an Abramovich company even if it was possible. It has been cleared out as part of the £4B equity transaction. I am not sure of the accounting treatment, but that debt is off their books.

Also notable is that Chelsea has signed much longer contracts than normal in the market, allowing them to amortize the transfers over more years than one would expect - UEFA is moving to limit that to 5 years, but for now there is no limit. Mudryk and Fernandez are on 8-year contracts for example, so only 15M Euros of the 120M is charged in a year. Financially, he looks about the same as a 40M transfer. Essentially, Boehly is bringing North American style salary cap manipulation to what is still a fairly naive UEFA/Premier League system. At least UEFA is reacting fairly early, it took the NHL until that absurd 17-year Kovalchuk contract (to the age of 44!) before they said ‘enough’.

6 Likes

How they could afford anyone without selling is baffling. Same with Everton.

I wonder if Everton might start the new season with a pts deduction?

Sort of a warm up for the Prem, before they put the smack down on Man City?

2 Likes

I expect that’s what they will do, see what they can impose.

Forgot Diego Simeone. Nasty player and nastier coach but gets the job done

1 Like

Sutton comes across as a crotchety old git. Loves to have a dig and a moan.

2 Likes

Cruyff is probably the best player who went on to success as manager.

Beckenbauer is the only person to win the World Cup as player and manager, isn’t he?

Del Bosque, Mancini, Steve Bruce…

3 Likes

You’re all forgetting King Kenny.

7 Likes

Is Del Bosque the only one to win the World Cup, CL, and European Cup as a coach?

La Liga and CWC as well (think it was the Intercontinental cup when he won it with Madrid)

1 Like

No. Deschamps for France and Zagallo for Brazil.

1 Like

chelsea in for ugarte £52m

OK that sucks :sob:

FSGout

Seems a bit low considering all their other spending

Enzo, Kante, Ugarte.

New dogs of war.

It doesn’t mean he’ll go to Chelsea, the club is in a mess on and off the pitch and there’s no guarantee Pochettino will solve all their problems either. I’m sure there will be other clubs in for him.

He prefers them over PSG apparently. For £52m we should be in for him.