Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I have a feeling that Maresca will be slightly different from his predecessors under Boehly.

Unlike them, he will not get to spend silly money before getting sacked in October.

2 Likes

Not sure his predecessors did either, they appeared to be signed regardless.

1 Like

Conceded 12 in 5 games in preseason.

Looks like they’ll be facing the same defencive frailties as they had last season

1 Like

Chelsea have 44 first team players - what the actual fuck. Link to article below, but I’ve pasted the list. Some names I’d forgot that are there (bolded)!

Keepers: Robert Sanchez, Filip Jorgensen, Marcus Bettinelli, Djordje Petrovic, Lucas Bergstrom, Eddie Beach, Kepa Arrizabalaga

Defenders: Axel Disasi, Tosin Adarabioyo, Benoit Badiashile, Levi Colwill, Trevoh Chalobah, Wesley Fofana, Josh Acheampong, Bashir Humphreys, Reece James, Malo Gusto, Ben Chilwell, Marc Cucurella, Caleb Wiley.

Midfielders: Enzo Fernandez, Lesley Ugochukwu, Carney Chukwuemeka, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Conor Gallagher, Moises Caicedo, Cesare Casadei, Omari Kellyman, Renato Veiga, Romeo Lavia, Tino Anjorin.

Forwards: Raheem Sterling, Mykhailo Mudryk, Noni Madueke, Cole Palmer, Tyrique George, Angelo Gabriel, Deivid Washington, Nicolas Jackson, Christopher Nkunku, Armando Broja, Marc Guiu, David Fofana, Romelu Lukaku.

Lukaku has spent less than 2 months of the past 2 years at Chelsea, all while working down his contract.

1 Like

I’m expecting to find out any moment now that Morata is still on contract with them… Hazard too.

2 Likes

They’re deffo still paying Lampard.

How can a club have SEVEN first team keepers??? Most of the clubs have three and one of them is either Adrian or his kid.

5 Likes

and none of them are particularly good!

4 Likes

In fairness Lucas Bergstrom and Eddie Beach are very much not first team players.

1 Like

Yeah, a number of those are still young players more than established first team seniors.

Doesn’t change the fact that they’re still a large squad.

https://x.com/paddypower/status/1821456315937689705

6 Likes

𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗘: Chelsea have signed ANOTHER player. Aaron Anselmino has joined the club for around $20M on a 7-year contract. The defender will spend the season on loan at Boca. (Source:@ChelseaFC)

1 Like

Unknown teenager - check
Stupidly long contract - check

Not surprised

2 Likes

Will likely spend the next 7 years on loan to fuckcareswhere fc before leaving the club having not played a single game - check.

Why do players do it?

It’s like women shacking up with serial adulterers. He’ll change for me. He won’t mess me about

Life changing money, on a 7 year deal…might be the best money these unknown players make.

2 Likes

Always looked like a good player. That is whenever he plays. But he has been injured alot for the last 3 seasons, Chelsea taking another risk…remember Lavia?

I don’t really understand how Chelsea keep signing so many players and stay within the rules.

How the fuck are they getting away with this? Has to be some form of money laundering. Doesn’t make any financial or football sense in how they are running their club