Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Got ya!

I had seen him play at Napoli a few times to know what he brought to them, but any judgement on him I have is purely from what I see at Chelsea, just because I watch the PL more than any league. He’s definitely not shite, and for anyone that thinks he is, they’re likely to see him play even better next season. But the players that get recognised in any team are the ones banging in goals or setting up goals. Like for us with Gini and Hendo, there are plenty of fans that don’t think they are any good, but we watch them like hawks so recognise it.

2 Likes

Can you imagine if at that exact moment a great white just came flying outta the water and chewed the cunt up. Hahaha fucking hell would have been great tv

2 Likes

https://fb.watch/6VrA_j3bJC/

@Sweeting @Limiescouse @rab had some interesting discussions about Chelsea academy in the transfer thread.

Chelsea academy is purpose-built for cash/revenue generation. No matter how good a graduate is, he is most likely to be sold than becoming a mainstay. I understand there are some academy players who have become regulars over the last couple of years. I feel that’s more due to some necessities rather than any change in the club’s philosophy.

2 Likes

I think there’s a good chance that Mount would have gone the same way had he not had the good fortune to break into the team at the exact point they were under a transfer embargo AND he was managed by someone who knew him well and rated him from their time together at Derby.

6 Likes

I don’t agree with it but it probably makes them 20-30 million per year

Realistically (and it pains me to say it) but they’re one of the best clubs in the world. Even if they didn’t have one of the richest owners willing to put his hand in his pocket again you would still need to be an exceptional player make it into their first team squad as a regular.

Players of that ability are few and far between so it makes sense a lot get close but don’t make the grade and therefore can be sold and for very good fees because they are very good players.

People could look down their noses at us for doing exactly the same. Since Gerrard and Carragher, it’s only really Trent who has forced his way into the first team picture from the academy. But in that time we’ve made oodles of cash from selling the likes of Wisdom, Ibe, Brad Smith, Solanke, Camacho, Kent, Hoever, Brewster and Wilson.

It’s part of football and a way for clubs to pull in revenue. At the top level, the number that will make it will be tiny, the rest are decent assets that make the club money. Chelsea certainly seem to have a great crop, Arsenal too and United always seem to have a great kid on the conveyor belt. If anything, I’m a bit disappointed we don’t see more from our accademy.

1 Like

Chelsea love buying their own rejects.
Reportedly offered €100m and Alonso for Lakaku.

Ah but does it fly into space? No? Well he’s a fucking loser then.

3 Likes

Pre-season games are interesting for chelsea. First half is their first team, second half is the team of players you didn’t realize were still were on their books

Loftus cheek, Ampadu, Miazga, Bakayoko, Kenedy, Sarr, Zappacosta - not one of them who was with them last year and not one who is expected to be with them during the coming season.

3 Likes

I mean its great they are buying players at 100m range. To keep the money flowing. But going back to players they gotten rid of and buying them back at ridiculous prices, I don’t know whether to laugh or to just be quietly happy that Tuchel is probably going to face what Lampard faced. Had a good start, bought 200m worth of players, did not do as well in 6 months, he is gone.

Yeah, COVID crisis has really destroyed football finances.

3 Likes

I think to some extent it has at least the smaller clubs so the footballing authorities are willing to turn a blind eye in the hope that this money filters down…which I’m not sure it will, at least not as it normally does.

2 Likes

They sold for about £170m and they are the champion of Italy, you certainly can say they are desperate for cash. No Scudetto for them this year.

If they use that to sign Halaand would that change your mind.

I don’'t have to change my mind because that will not happen.

1 Like

It also coincided with the new loan rules limiting the number of players each club could have out on loan. Something which was pretty much solely targeted at Chelsea.

6 Likes

They have 170m sat in the bank after the sales, before any transfer budget they had before.

It’s not totally outside the realms of possibility is it.