Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

They don’t have a transfer budget, that’s the point. They needed at least €100m in sales just to balance the books.

1 Like

…and they have asked the players to take a 15-20% pay-cut.

Sometimes I feel a bit concerned or a mild form of worry, but this hasn’t worried me in the slightest.

1 Like

" Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel says they need a striker of Romelu Lukaku’s profile after letting Olivier Giroud join **AC Milan"

One of the most stupid reasons I heard for a transfer. You let a old backup striker leave for a million so to replace him, you sign a player for 100 times more :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Some utter bull being talked by our rivals managers

1 Like

Wait until we bring in Mbappe for Origi or Shaq :rofl:

1 Like

what do you mean ‘wait until’? We already did.

How old is Lukaku? 28, 29? That’s a steep amount of Euros for someone his age… it’s just short of the newest official British transfer record, aint’ it?

Great striker though to be fair. He’ll help Chelsea converting their chances. On the other hand, I wonder whom of those fancy newcomers of last year he’ll displace. Werner maybe?

Maybe he will be off to Utd next summer so they can buy Haaland… :rofl:

Tbf, Chelsea have played a blinder here given that some of the €115m paid to Inter will come back to them in the form of a solidarity payment due to him being with Chelsea as a teenager. I mean, I say some, it’s probably about €1.5m (I haven’t done the calculations) but Chelsea will see that as a total win. Bargain.

I wonder if United had a sell on clause?

1 Like

Depends if they are buying the lad at Inter or the one at Man Utd.

One won’t get close to getting on to the chances.

1 Like

Have to say, giving a club in a state of financial distress, with every player available in a fire sale, 100m for a 29 year old striker is a lovely gesture. Well done Chelsea.

1 Like

Today I learned that Tammy Abraham has a younger brother called Timmy.

hahahaha

3 Likes

Slight fishy smell maybe? I’d love to see the hidden details of that deal.

I’d imagine the knock-on effect of this is that Inter will be able to turn down any offers from Spurs for Martinez, who are then forced to turn down City’s offers for Kane, who are then forced to go into the season with Jesus as their only senior striker.

Well in, Chelsea.

I do wonder if the prices City and Chelsea are paying this window are having a knock on effect in our dealings - are selling clubs expecting us to pay higher because of this, or are we expecting clubs to pay higher prices to us?

I would think if Kane isn’t going to City, then the latter must have a fall back option.

Divock for £80 mill.

After all, he’s done something they’ve never done: scored in a Champions League final.

5 Likes

Tammy’s actual name is Kevin and Timmy’s real name is Jason…

3 Likes

I hear he soon will be married to a woman named Whynet …

1 Like

Firstly, it’s kind if infuriating that people keep ignoring that Inter covered themselves with the sale of Hakimi. The cost for the Lukaku was precisely because they had got themselves into a situation where they no longer needed to sell and wanted to protect all the remaining assets they still had.

However, now Lukaku is leaving (seemingly), it does raise the possibility of a snowball effect hitting. Under normal circumstances it would mean that Martinez cannot be allowed to go…cannot even be considered. But he’s now entering his final year and looking at a team a shadow of last year’s. Inter may well think that 40+ million now for him is better than nothing next year, especially if they can find a reasonable alternative.

1 Like