Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Bet he can’t cook beef either :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

…and he hasn’t got a Liverpool top like yours eh COG :0)

Hé is one of the few rich owners that was in the stadium most of the time. For a lot, it is just a toy/investment and have no interest in showing up.

3 Likes

That’s some depth they’ve got…

Gee, Tom! How come your mom lets you have two Azpilicuetas?!

6 Likes

Yeah, you can quibble about whose options are better, but with everyone fit and available there is no weakness in that side, and in numerous key positions they can make changes without any serious drop in quality. The biggest areas of weakness are probably finding a replacement for Rom now Abraham and Giroud have left and Alonso pitching in for Chilwell. But Alonso didnt do too poorly against us and being forced to use Havertz or Werner up top is not the end of the world.

I think they are going to be a real threat this year.

4 Likes

Think it will be us and City one and two.

1 Like

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

It’s where they planned to add Kounde and probably why they decided to keep Hudson-Odoi (both Azpi and James are options for that RCB spot).

Chelsea never had problems with depth, they have tons of senior players every summer. Even more than City.

2 Likes

Lukaku was shit at United and went to Italky and scored a bag full.
Many a shit striker score bags full in Italy - Schevchenko anyone?

We’ll
Wait and see but past their first 11 i don’t think they
are all that.

1 Like

Thing is the game was very even on Saturday even before the penalty and the goal was a bit odd in itself.

From how I read it before the match from the talking heads we were apparently quite inferior. I didn’t see that Saturday even before the red card. I saw a team if I’m honest set up a bit like Manchester United in which attacks are mostly driven through counter attacks.

Maybe I missed something in that first 5 minutes while I was making a cup of tea.

2 Likes

The game was even stevens. They are good. We are good. Let’s go at it, slug it out, see who wins.

And then the penalty and sending off.

At that point they were mostly content to tuck in and go home with a point, or hit us on the break for a winner to exceed expectations. They executed their game plan and we huffed and puffed but didn’t break them down enough second half.

Both got a point but theirs is a happier point!

They are obviously serious title contenders. So are we. So are Man City. Man Utd I’m not as convinced by, but still think they will be fourth.

I thought their tactics from the start were a tweak of a bottom of table club - defend in numbers BUT the difference was that they left the front three stationed high up the pitch, ready and waiting to capitalise on a transition (which happened on a couple of occasions). And of course their players are of a higher quality than the likes of Burnley.

But yeah, agree with everything else regarding the second half.

1 Like

From a basic standpoint they did just look like Man Utd of the last few years.

For them it will depend on what they do against the more stubborn lower league sides I always look at points drop from a perspective will other teams do the same and with Chelsea yes, but they will be in the top 4.

1 Like

Was listening to Football Ramble podcast, Andy Brassell made an interesting statement/theory he thinks Werner will be back in Germany next year playing BL again. The more I thought about it the more it makes sense for a variety of reasons.

A make weight in their Haaland bid?

“We know you have a 75M release clause for Haaland, but what if we offer you 85M and Werner?”

1 Like

Dortmund is exactly who he mentioned.

They have become so mean at the back and Mendy seems to be such a big reason for it. They have an amazing attack to complement it as well. They might be more threat than City this season for the title?

I’m not a big fan of their playing style but their defence seems airtight. Mendy has been a great purchase so far, not the most complete of goalkeepers and perhaps not the best aerially but he does what Kepa doesn’t - he keeps the shots away from his net.

That said, it helps to have a top class player like Kovačić (if he was a Liverpool player under Klopp, he would have been remembered as one of the very best of past twenty years, no one can convince me otherwise) covering for a top class player like Kante, they are very strong in depth. I have no qualms with everyone backing Manchester clubs and Chelsea for the title as long as Klopp and his lads do their business.

2 Likes

If you had to pick between these twats and the plastics from Manchester then I’d want these to win the league over shitty.

That being said I’d prefer it if we just won the damn thing :rofl:

1 Like