Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I wonder how many Chelsea fans will show solidarity with Ukraine?

Raised eyebrows if they do, but they should and understand how they’ve embraced a crook.

2 Likes

From reports I heard this morning, turning up at a Wembley lit up in Ukrainian colours has taken away their fans’ need to think about their own outward pose (lip service at best)

Correction: The Wembley arch was already lit up two days ago. There’s no news yet about plans for this to happen tomorrow evening.

2 Likes

Yeah he did. He was denied an extension to his visa so he became an Israeli, which means he can come and go as he pleases. The super rich can do whatever they fucking want.

2 Likes

Hate it.

You know what this whole thing has driven home to me? Basically, up until now if FSG decided to sell up and LFC was purchased by someone, or some nation with a dodgy background I felt I would kind of slowly lose interest thanks mainly to the sports washing stuff. Now? I’d simply walk and would not want anything to do with people that at some point could repeat what we’re seeing in Ukraine. I’d be done.

There is absolutely no way I could be happy with myself for cheering a side one week and watching in horror the next as the club owners ripped people’s lives apart. If I were a Chelsea fan I doubt I could look at myself in the mirror right now.

5 Likes

I know it’s the Chelsea thread, but on the same score, Man City too. Didn’t their owners just abstain in a UN vote to censure Russia?

4 Likes

I wonder if the plastics will wear their normal kit tomorrow…!

1 Like

They blocked black people entry into Paris’ metro, while usually singing songs about their heroes like Drogba or Kante.

Yeah, a wonderful bunch.

2 Likes

1 Like

I know at least 3 Chelsea fans who supported Chelsea long before Abramovich came along and who are everything but racist.

1 Like

To be fair some replying on Twitter to certain posts saying they stand with Ukraine and Roman needs to say something or get the fuck out of their club even if it means league 2.

Others stupidly defending him or the usual “keep sport out of politics” which I’ve addressed elsewhere is bullshit until you keep politics out of sport.

They are comments on decent upmarket journalists so usually will attract a better crowd of response.

3 Likes

He just handed the stewardship and care of the club over to the charitable foundation? Is that correct? I am not a legal guy so maybe @Kopstar can give me some light on what it means?

2 Likes

Just a alibi / PR move.

4 Likes

Means he won’t turn up tomorrow

Let’s hope none of them do

1 Like

Hoping supporters show up with Ukraine flags.

So he isn’t going to call in the 2 billion loan? Hopefully the plastics go bust

“Putin’s wallet”

2 Likes

He could of course call out the illegal occupation of a foreign country.

Assume that would require guts.

2 Likes

Bit confusing… Can he take it back when he wants though I wonder…

2 Likes