Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

No idea wht the ‘serious incident report’ is, but I remember on Monday morning they asked if it was legal and were seeking clarification from the charity commisson if RA could pass the club onto them or not

1 Like

Can’t see any oil states coming in with an offer to abramovich - too much competition here already.

I’ll be so glad to see the back of him. He destablised the Premiership as a fair competition originally, and man cheaty have merely taken it to a whole new level. It’s tragic however that it’s taken a Soviet - beg pardon - my bad - a Russian invasion of Ukraine to (hopefully) get him out.

2 Likes

Where is Mike Ashley hiding?

He’s not the hero Chelsea fans want, but he is the one they deserve.

9 Likes

Im thinking through scenarios and what is the bad one for Chelsea the club? It looks like the nuclear option we’ve been talking about since 2005 isnt happening - he walks away and demands his money back, or leaves them with operating costs the club itself cannot fund.

What we’re left with is that he appears to be trying to recoup of the debts in the purchase price. If anyone pays that, does that leave the club open to a Utd type situation where the clubs money is then used to pay back the owner? Is that the worst case scenario for them?

EDIT: Should have read @ILLOK post before mine if looking for the worst case sceanrio.

1 Like

Rumours his consortium has within it… The Saudis…

If only PIF would have waited a couple of months

Hes selling
No loans to be repaid

1 Like

He called it “the war in Ukraine”, his overlord will not be happy.

2 Likes

Can’t wait until Chelsea are Abramovic no more. Back to being the side they were pre 2004

2 Likes

Saving his skin/billions, eh :thinking: :rage:

Abramovich shouldn’t be allowed to write off £1.5Bn in loans. If there is any FFP then the club should pay from what they earn. That’s plain financial doping. All those trophies were just bought

6 Likes

'Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated."

So is he saying that he will not be taking a penny from the sale?

He also said he won’t demand any loans be repaid.

FFP is toothless in the face of these mega-rich entities. UEFA just hasn’t got the cash to pay for world class lawyers to get the best of the many world class lawyers which the likes of man cheaty hire to work around any legal prosicutions that get thrown at them. The system sucks.

Earned enough with the club over the years.

But also, ‘proceeds’ does this mean he’s just keeping what he paid for the club in the first place?

2 Likes

Newcastle owners should have waited a few more months and they would have been able to buy Chelsea :joy:

1 Like

Those loans went in before the FFP period, so they are irrelevant to that reporting under any scenario.

Also worth noting that this is an announcement he intends to sell, not a transaction. It can be reversed with another news release.

3 Likes

Yes, the cynic in me is saying, quite a PR move

1 Like

It wasn’t as if Roman was ever expecting those “loans” to be repaid. It is financial doping but that’s beside the point. The more important point is that he’s called it a war and pledged to use the money on alleviating the suffering caused due to the war… If those aren’t empty words , then fairplay.

He probably doesn’t need the money anyway ( He spent 1.5 billion of his own money when he was a governor of a province in Russia IIRC ) so even if he gives over a 500m , It’s not like it’s anything more than a drop in a bucket for him. It’s really difficult to gauge the wealth of these oligarch

1 Like

Nice little vid from Cerys Matthews on BBC. I didn’t know she was a Luton supporter.