Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

IMG-20220310-WA0004

4 Likes

Still got the badge on.

1 Like

Nice take, in 2015…

2 Likes

Where is that Jason Cundy c*nt, is he in tears?

:joy:

4 Likes

Reece James, who i rate, out for another 4 games with a hamstring injury.

1 Like

It’s entirely possible I just dont watch enough Chelsea, but I dont actually dislike him and feel a little bit bad about the issues he’s had recently, hopefuly they dont become long term issues.

Mouth Wash GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

3 Likes

Same but i couldnt bring myself to say it :rofl:

2 Likes

Nike want to end their deal and it will cost Chelsea £800m .
You know what I find odd is that all these companies who are associated with Chelsea were happy to do the deal and now want to seem to look they have morals because it’s all gone wrong.
3, Nike etc are all hypocrites themselves.

11 Likes

As are the Premier League and the Government. They’ve all been happy enough with Roman owning one of the biggest clubs in the country, for his money to fuel the success they’ve celebrated and for revenue to pour into an asset he owns. Let’s not forget, he was only looking to sell because he knew they were coming for him and he was only willing to write off the debts to help ensure a quick sale.

His links to Putin are no more dodgy or well known today than they were two weeks, a year, ten years ago. And the Saudi regime the government is cosied up to and that the Premier League have allowed to buy Newcastle is just as tarnished a group as Roman is.

14 Likes

You are only guilty when you are caught.
Abramovich is now persona non grata, but he was always the same. The circumstances changed, he didn’t.

1 Like

There are two other factors that may be behind the deal ending. US rules on engaging with a sanctioned party and how Chelsea while under restrictions can deliver on its end of the sponsorship agreement.

3 Likes

it’s Roman and chelsea. Fair to say that Roman had it coming for a fair while.

2 Likes

The fans can just go to sportsdirect shops and buy those blue kits.

The accusation of hypocrisy could be aimed at all football clubs. Teams in the Champions League are happy to accept the prize money. Where does a large chunk of that money come from? Gazprom. We take money from Nike, does that make FSG hypocrites because of the Russian connection? It’s business.

2 Likes

Hypocrisy exists everywhere. Maybe it’s sadistic to laugh at Chelsea and Roman’s misfortune, But I frankly don’t care about that anymore

1 Like

You’re right, everybody is guilty of hypocrisy, no matter how small.

2 Likes

I’ve bouncing around social media this morning reading around the Chelsea situation, and the immediate reaction is that there is a failure to read the room on this issue that is pretty spectacular. Whether that’s Chelsea fans refusing to countenance any problem with Roman (one of them, apparently), promising to support abramovic and fight the sanctions, or just considering themselves the real victims in this geopolitical crisis; or rival fans jumping in for the bantz and lols.

Some of the takes on it have been incredible. It’s quite common, as you’d expect, for the children of Twitter to not understand what is actually happening, so you’ll see people thinking this is the fault of the FA or Premier League, and claiming it’s part of an enduring campaign against their club. You find a lot of people going with the line that politics should be kept out of sport, a sentiment that was curiously absent when a shady international businessman bought the club and lavished spending on it for political reasons. I saw one young lad with a surplus of testosterone pledging to ‘fight on the streets’ to save his club, a gross turn of phrase in the current climate. I saw a few people claiming this was just Johnson trying to distract people from partygate, a sentiment I might have done sympathy with if it were not happening in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

But more than this what you take away is the clarity around what the actual endgame is for Oligarchs and Nation States when they get involved in football. Roman didn’t decide to wrap up a couple of billions of his personal wealth in a football club out of the goodness of his heart. He thought if would buy him access to British high society, and make him untouchable. He thought it would protect that wealth from seizure. He thought that buying a football club with a pre-existing fanbase would get him an army of fans willing to defend him at all costs.

I hope Chelsea are absolutely ruined as a result of this, and not for the bantz. Football - it’s fans, it’s governance - needs to start caring about where the money comes from. It needs to start questioning what’s in it for the oligarchs and nation states. What do they want in return for their billions?

10 Likes

And this is why the Saudi thing just as galling if not more

7 Likes

Probably the wrong thread to discuss this, but I’m totally with @redalways here: around 380k Yemenite people have died since this war started, mostly civilians and children. If it continues, we could go beyond the million in a few years. There is no difference nor any mitigating circumstance. Just like the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the one in Libya, it’s not excusable, and not different at all from the current conflict in Ukraine.

And yet, did you see the same shock when it started, did you see the same solidarity for Yemenite people like we see for the Ukrainians? Of course not. They were almost completely ignored by almost all main western media.

The only relevant difference between Yemen and Ukraine is that when it suits the US and Europeans to wage wars in certain countries, either themselves or through their proxies, they’ll find all kinds of mitigating excuses and will try to minimize or ignore their terrible effects. When Russia does the same, it suddenly becomes an existential battle between civilization and the ‘barbaric Russian regime’ (dixit Johnson).

Not that I want to find excuses for the current war in Ukraine, by far not. But the whole thing is so transparent, and yet, many people seem to fall in for it time and time again.

7 Likes

All valid points, but you missed possibly the most important one. He thought it would give him a level of public protection from any action taken against him by Putin. No way would Putin risk taking action against someone with such public standing a owning a P/L club

2 Likes