Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I like Loftus Cheek, Mount and Gilmour of course.

Purely as a roster, the number of either talents or proven players who just spend seasons out on loan, they always have a lot of options. They often have situations on July 1st where you can basically create 3 first team squads, more or less. That’s on paper, doesn’t mean it’s well balanced or something.

In defence, they have to see which one of the spare CB’s and LB’s goes. Could be Tomori and Emerson.

In midfield they’re set with the starting trio (could be duo when they flip formations and play Havertz/whoever as a single #10), but in backup areas, it’s not so much like for like. Question remains over Gilmour and his youth, how do they see Barkley and what are the offers for him. Mount will probably variate between playing in forward half-spaces or as a very offensive #8 in a midfield 3 (a bit like Coutinho and a bit like any of those Grealish/Maddison, players with similar pluses and minuses).

Then it takes you to forward areas where without Giroud (who time and time again proves he’s still useful with his experience, hold up/link up play and important goals, though not a lot of them), they’re set with 6 players for 3 positions.

1 Like

I only saw highlights, and I know it was lower league opposition, but Tammy was fantastic last night. Like a Giroud who can actually run. That is going to give them far more control of games than trying to play Havertz or Werner through the middle. But he’ll be on the bench this weekend.

2 seasons ago Bayern were trying to buy CHO for 40 million quid. He was encouraged to stay and now looks an outcast.

City still above Chelsea, for me. Both teams have a weak defence, but at least City have a capable goalkeeper.

I’m not convinced Lampard is going to be get that team working to its full potential. Don’t think he had much input into the Havertz signing and it all looks a bit like when Firmino arrived at Liverpool and Rodgers didn’t have a clue where to play him.

1 Like

No chance of that. You can lump Karius to a Bundesliga B or a Championship team. You can even offer to pay the other club and still give 100% of karius’s wages and they wouldn’t touch him.

1 Like

City’s defense permitting them not signing Koulibaly is highly dependant on Laporte. They look really good when they have Fernandinho as a holding midfielder and Laporte in CB. But If Laporte gets injured again, That’s their season screwed

1 Like

I mean, City’s attack is way ahead of Chelsea’s too. Not one attacking player Chelsea have would get into City’s starting 11, and maybe only 1 or 2 get into their best 18.

Depends on whether Aguero is right now being rated as their starting striker. If not, I’d reckon Werner easily makes the grade over Jesus

1 Like

Not for me, Jesus is the better player.

Over Werner ? or over Aguero ?

Werner obviously. Aguero is miles clear of both.

1 Like

And I like Jesus as a footballer. He’s got a wide variety of skills. Workrate etc. But if you were talking about him being an out and out striker , I’d take Werner over him anytime

Jesus and Aguero are bigger cunts than Werner as well.

6 Likes

Werner isn’t really an out and out striker.

Jesus has a good goal record, better than Werner’s in higher level competition, and has a better all around game. There’s a perception that he’s not good enough for City but he’s still better than Werner, just simply playing at a much higher level.

5 Likes

Such idiotic posts are expected from fans, but ESPN really?

Oh wait this is what sells…

4 Likes

What a silly post as the response says Beckham and Giggs can point to their extensive trophy collections.

Sorry Marcos…

I saw a massive fat bugger score a hat trick at Bournemouth once, it’s hardly a great stat, a hat trick in English football.

3 Likes

Not surprised. So many of their articles are clickbaity trash. I only use their site for match-day schedules these days.

1 Like

Havertz is German so from his perspective it wasn’t a true hat-trick. It was a Dreierpack. You all know now the next time he scores three.

2 Likes

What the hell are Chelsea wearing?