Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

TBH I don’t think any American/British/European owners will be able to spend money like Oligarchs and Sheiks are able to.

Imagine Saudi would have waited with the Newcastle buy for a few more months and they would now been able to buy Chelsea :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Isn’t the idea of “Doris the lunch lady” out of date nowadays, anyway?
I might be wrong, but surely a club like Chelsea is hiring professional “nutritionists” or something, not some battle axe caricature who’s going to tell Timo he can’t have any chips with his nuggets because Kai took the last.

5 Likes

I hope Preti Patel or someone equally competent in the Home Office are dealing with the Chelsea situation and don’t get around to actually doing anything for a few months (after the Summer transfer window closes would be fine). They should be well and truelly in the shit by then.

2 Likes

Difference is Saudi is an “ally” and we sell them billions worth of weapons

4 Likes

And nobody appears to give a damn about Yemen, including the ‘Toon army’. Remember them……’Come on follow the Geordie boys……they’re marching for their freedom’ and all that bollocks. Someone mentioned the word ‘hypocrisy’ yesterday.

3 Likes

Yemen, Syria, Iran, Iraq - too far away from 'us’ in the West.

No real danger of a WW3.

Unlike Ukraine which is in the heart of Europe and that’s why ‚we’ shit our pants.

Add to that some racism because it is ridiculous what Europe is doing for Ukrainian refugees now and how they treated refugees from Syria for example.

7 Likes

Haha. James McClean had the right idea, after all, lads.

1 Like

Jurgen is the coolest.

2 Likes

Quite it’s utter bullshit no doubt it will be a catering team who may include a Doris but that will be a contract firm I assume and we only have one staff member in our canteen like described (though she is lovely).

1 Like

The Saudis are an awful regime and any association with them is sullying. But what is happening in Yemen is very different to what is happening in Ukraine beyond our relationship with the respective belligerents.

1 Like

Different enough that it’s okay for Saudis to sportswash their regime?

No. I didn’t say anything of the sort.

1 Like

Understood. It’s more of a slow burn air support for a regime the the Houthi’s are trying to overthrow. But things like bombing hospitals and wedding parties is what they’ve been up to.

And never mind exporting their terror and vile wahhabi ideologies to foment violence and death all around the world.

2 Likes

I’m yet to see Chelsea get their comeuppance. I think they will have some temporary obstacles to navigate, but they will have a new owner soon enough who will want to steady the ship and move it all on.

I hope I’m wrong but this does not look like the club-sinking shock it ought to be.

Slap on the wrist. Premier League all of a sudden look principled, when Abramovich was leaving anyway, Man City and Newcastle continue untouched, and Chelsea to get a new owner who will help them stay right up there… that’s the predicted, and sickening, outcome I expect.

1 Like

The difference is this intervention is being applied by the government. Allegedly it has come as a surprise to the PL.

4 Likes

BoJo might be wanting one of his cohorts to buy Chelski

PL has been silence all this time. Not a peep from the organisation.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see if it damages Chelsea much. My suspicion is minor hiccup, then as you were, under a new owner whoever that might be.

It would be good if Chelsea lawyered up and went after the government for taking Russian money and enabling Russian elites in London, even taking its sweet time to enact sanctions, presumably so oligarchs could get their affairs in order first.

1 Like

They would need some money to lawyer themselves up.

2 Likes

New owners will come in and won’t even be as wealthy as ours and will be shocked by the wages they pay for example.

2 Likes