Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Hope you invoice them.

Actually why bother

1 Like

You’d never get paid…there’s no money in the kitty…Where’s the petty cash tin!!

1 Like

A fair question to be asking in my view

1 Like

Dracula has come to life…

Lucky boy…no no no…its a pen…its fixed…

1 Like

I love this guy. I absolutely love him! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Why cant they just cut the logos out? They could even rent a pair of scissors, much cheaper than buying tape.

1 Like

Daft question…where is Roman Putin…

Montenegro?

Oh yes…that’s where the boat is isn’t it…

The one thing I would say about all this is that my opinion of Tuchel has risen in all of this.

3 Likes

I guess a new thread name is due soon.

The Fall of Roman’s Plastic Empire?

5 Likes

I think the C@#&S thread might be considered inappropriate.

1 Like

Was listening to the Price of Football posdcast this morning and they had some interesting bits and pieces on this.

Chelsea’s wage bill is something like £27m a month. From a cashflow perspective, they don’t always have that in the bank in order to make payroll and so have then borrowed the money from Roman to cover any shortfalls. Some or all of that is then paid back when they next get a chunk of cash in be it TV revenue, sponsorship payments or transfer revenue. In 2020/21 he lent them £150m during the season and they paid pack £130m of that. That now obviously can’t happen and there’s reduced match day revenue coming in, sponsors puling back and the next big inputs of revenue wouldn’t be likely hitting bank accounts until June.

Could we see them requesting to defer wages of players maybe?

4 Likes

I know this has been answered before, but how in arears would have a club have to be on wages and other payments to justify a player being able to terminate his contract…or least force a move under a legit threat of doing so?

We know there are contract issues with Azpi, Rudiger, and Christensen that will not likely see all 3 leave. But I wonder how many others might try to force a move. Lukaku has already let it be known that he would take a pay cut to go back to Inter.

So about all that stuff I was saying about Chelsea being well run… :grimacing:

To widen this out, this is really important when thinking about Salah’s contract situation. It appears that Chelsea have been carrying a wage Bill beyond what they can sustain, and doing so by using Abramovic as a quasi-overdraft. That’s obviously a ludicrous situation, somewhat arrogant, somewhat naive, but mostly just, well, stupid.

I have no idea what Salah is after in terms of wage. Probably the market rate for an elite footballer. But the market rate for an elite footballer is being largely driven by owners like Abramovic, Qatar, Dubai, and soon Saudi Arabia, artificially inflating wages beyond what these clubs could organically sustain in order to shortcut their way to success. Barca and Real have got themselves in a mess trying to keep pace with this.

In my view, FSG have done incredibly well to manage Liverpool sensibly whilst also being successful. That may not last forever, and there may come a point where we just can’t keep up with the sportswashed clubs.

What we need now is the sports governing bodies to step in and regulate the structure of the game for its best interest. Effective FFP would help, but the biggest thing we need at this point, IMO, is salary caps.

6 Likes

They had a banner that read “ROMAN EMPIRE” at the game :scream_cat:
I’m not sure if I want them to develop sentience or not :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It would be appropriate, but far to open to misunderstanding as it could be used for any number of teams

1 Like

I haven’t seen the figures, or looked at a swiss ramble breakdown of the situation but i’m not so sure that they have been operating at a level that couldnt be sustained. It obviously looks worse now because of the extent of the sanctions and how they hit almost out of nowhere.