Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

1 Like

I might be wrong but the new owners having the money to buy the club is one thing.

But what about the money which is needed to keep them ‘competitive’?

Squad is falling apart with players leaving on a free and an old Thiago Silva.

And I think they will be shocked to see on what wages players like Lukaku and Werner are.

That’s why I’m comfortable with equity firms buying it.

5 Likes

I think that is a short term issue. There will be funds available for signings this summer and the youth team can plug a lot of gaps over time.

The bigger question for me is whether their recruitment identifies and brings in the right players.

1 Like

Considering they loaned out Abrahams for Werner and then bought Lukaku only to bench them both at times shows they aren’t that good at that anyhow.

1 Like

Yes, but I imagine that gets an overhaul under new ownership.

1 Like

Yeah a structure that works I guess

There is no way that their new owners will be super rich like Roman, Qatar, Abu Dhabi or Saudi.

Not even as rich as FSG, Glazers, Levy or Kroenke.

They might suddenly find themselves on the spending level of West Ham, Villa or Leicester.

2 Likes

They dont have to be. The club can generate enough cash to fund transfers through its business and/or through sales of existing players out on loan, in the first team squad or even in acadamy if not good enough to keep.

1 Like

Urgh :nauseated_face:. Somehow my Facebook feed has become crammed with Chelsea fan pages. The level of ignorance that is circulating in there is sickening. In some quarters RA is considered some kind of Messiah for what he’s done at Chelsea,fully justifying how he got his money.

His proposed donation after selling the club is considered some massive humanitarian sacrifice.

Fuck off.

3 Likes

This is what I’m looking forward to, they will need to balance the books and slowly this will erode them as a top 4 club. Their fanbase is shit and small, they’ve basically been propped up by Roman and for them to become self sustainable will see them sell off players, not be able to renew contracts, not go and spend £100mil on a striker etc.

They will no longer be able to snap up hundreds of the best youth players and stick them on loan etc. Their player “reserve” won’t last long.

The other factor is Roman kept doing dodgy things to inflate their commercial revenues, like buying millions of shirts… All of this vanishes overnight.

Still waiting for Tuchel to rock up in his mini-van, sound bite bellend.

2 Likes

Are you friends with a lot of Chelsea fans?

1 Like

Has that been confirmed? I dont remember seeing anything like that mentioned by Swiss Ramble, but may have missed it if i did.?

Not confirmed but several rumours that he got associated companies to buy large amounts of shirts etc.

He was the original FFP cheat.

1 Like

This is probably because of your browsing tendencies.

Searching for Chelsea and their forums , twitter etc etc and laughing at their misery only serves to get you this. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Nope. Algorithms I guess

I’ve certainly not looked at any fan pages or forums etc. No idea what their forums are even called.

would love to see @SBYM 's football related search related and see which the big tech shows him on the internet.

1 Like

theshedend.com

I routinely get ads for Old Trafford hospitality packages.

That is the price I pay to keep you lot entertained.

2 Likes