EFL Cup / League Cup

It’s what it is, whatever team Klopp picks I’m fine with.

1 Like

When you put them all together it seems that the draws that the hydrocarbon thugs gets are really ‘fortunate’. Fair minded people may wonder whether the hydrocarbon thugs may privately claim to have ‘made their own luck’.

1 Like

Because it’s a shite meaningless cup that I’d rather be out of at the earliest opportunity. Last season we lost Jota for months as a result of him playing in a meaningless match. We need to fuck this comp off as fast as possible IMO. Bag o’ shite.

Kelleher
Neco Gomez Konate Tsimikas
Milner
Elliott Curtis
Origi AOC Minamino

We have enough senior players to field a strong team in the Cup. Every win, every trophy is precious. We go all in. YNWA.

1 Like

It was mostly West Brom’s U23 team in fairness.

Third-round draw in full:

QPR v Everton
Preston v Cheltenham
Manchester United v West Ham United
Fulham v Leeds United
Brentford v Oldham Athletic
Watford v Stoke City
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Wigan Athletic v Sunderland
Norwich City v Liverpool
Burnley v Rochdale
Arsenal v AFC Wimbledon
Sheffield United v Southampton
Manchester City v Wycombe Wanderers
Millwall v Leicester City
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
Brighton & Hove Albion v Swansea City

Potential fourth round opponent of City in italics.

3 Likes

Find it odd a lot of championship sides have decided to fuck off the competition.
Look at the results and the teams that got thumped. Mostly youngsters.
No wonder City stroll to this cup every year.

1 Like

I reckon Rafa will be desperate to win this competition, to get Everton fans onside.

I understand the sentiment, but the reality is we don’t have a big enough squad. Jota wasn’t a starter last season, but was still hugely important to the squad, and he got injured in a meaningless game and was out for months. This cup is utterly devoid of meaning or prestige. No-one really gives a shit about it. So if any of our squad players get injured playing in it, it could have a knock-on effect in our league/CL campaign.

I’ve always admired Klopp for rightfully fucking off the League Cup and even the FA cup. The only trophies that matter are the PL and CL. Everything else is window dressing.

1 Like

Although I hear what you are saying and agree about the league cup I would be happy if we won the League again in combination with the FA cup, call me old fashion. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t disagree necessarily, but the FA cup has lost most of its prestige at this point. It’s far more preferable to the league cup though, and I still want an actual treble to shut the United fans up.

2 Likes

I would really love to win a cup. It’s been what, 10 years???

Errrrrr…

I assume you mean a domestic cup. :wink:

1 Like

You know what I meant. :roll_eyes:

Although, another Old Big Ears this season would keep me happy for few more seasons.

2 Likes

Another PL would be great as well.

4 Likes

Absolutely. I want us to get to the 21st ASAP.

But my general preference is

CL
PL
Whatever

3 Likes

At this stage all it’s good for is blooding kids. Don’t want to see the big hitters anywhere near it. Especially since we got a PL team and City got their usual bye.

2 Likes

Went into last season with 3 CBs and now with 5. Talking about taking no risks.

I must say I’m not a fan of any setup with 3 or 5 at the back (and don’t want to see us do it in important games) but wouldn’t mind if we do that in the domestic cup games.

vs Norwich for example

Kellerher
Gomez Nat Konate
Neco Milner Jones Kostas
Ox Origi Minamino

If we are lucky, we won’t need Nat for a single second anymore.

I think we could play a decent team for this, something like the side that beat Everton from the cup a few years back.