Eurovision Thread

Very good version that is.

So many other versions of YNWA I find crap, too shouty and stuff. Gets too far away from the original, loses it’s point. Don’t even like the Dortmund one.

But this one is quality.

1 Like

This guy said from the moment he was asked to sing this song at Eurovision, even through the performance he wasn’t nervous whatsoever… because he said, from a very early age, his father and grandfather were always singing this song, and at that early age, made sure he learnt every single word of it properly, because they were fans of Liverpool FC :0)

1 Like

Sam Ryder will represent the UK next year in Sweden… Win it, and bring it home to Liverpool again for the following year - you heard it here first :0)

3 Likes

Is it finished yet?

1 Like

Despite the disappointment of the winning song, I think the UK put on a really good show.

Sometimes when ‘celebrating British culture’ we can end up being a bit cringey or downright embarrasing, but I think we got the balance and approach right, probably helped by sharing the focus with Ukraine.

1 Like

Any Eurovisionists in the house tonight?

1 Like

We will be watching tonight, although the way things are going it will be with the morbid fascination of seeing a Range Rover on the Autobahn on its roof.

1 Like

Funny how Joost, the Dutch entrant pipped up when the Isreali singer was given the option to not answer a difficult question, to which he said “why not?” then magically he gets disqualified

1 Like

That was embarrassing, felt bad for the Israelian lady. F*ck Joost, shit song anyway.

Why?

There has been a lot of complaints about Isael being allowed to enter this year due to their war on Palestine, she gets asked about her thoughts on the publics reaction and if she thinks her representing Israel could pose a risk?

Fair question, but the organiser gave her a free pass to not answer the question, which Joost wanted qlarification on why that was so? Maybe he got the phrasing/tone wrong, but he is Dutch who are very forthright and upfront, but generally I don’t have an issue with it

2 Likes

People’s behaviour at the table, before she even spoke her first word.

Fair enough. I’ve only seen the short clip of her being told she doesn’t have to answer the question then him pipping up with"why not?".

Will go and track down the full clip later when I get home

What a cracking year for Eurovision, utterly mentally brilliant.

Most the solo women killed it, top 3 for me are Ukraine Cyprus and Austria. The French guy was incredible too.

Yeah, some decent stuff tonight.

Come on :croatia:!

Germany doing their thing with the Israel votes there.

Just a small step down from USA.

Nil points.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I quite liked the Swiss and Croatian entries, probably my favourites of this year’s competition, so glad they finished top 2.

I really disliked the Ireland one, just didn’t float my boat at all, and I usually like the more ‘out there’ entries.

The Finnish Windows '95 one was quite fun, disappointing that one didn’t do better.

Lovely far right activist here in Ireland has noted that Nemo spells Omen backwards and means that Satan is invading the minds of young people.
Bambi’s performance has underscored this beautiful piece of work.
His other pieces of magic include the need to keep Ireland for the Irish tax paying public.

Which would actually mean the malevolent cunt would be tossed off a cliff himself

I only saw “highlights” of three performances on the news :face_with_spiral_eyes::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

1 Like

Highlights? That’s being generous.

1 Like