Eurovision Thread

Very true. It’s a once in a life time opportunity.

Pause when you get to Netherlands and tell me how they didn’t get through!! PREPOSTEROUS WOOLTON!

OMG! Croatia, a load of shite!

The Netherlands was the best song of the night, I liked it. Something dodgy about the voting I suspect.

1 Like

So much for fucking sentiment.
The only positive is that I didn’t watch it, and it only took a quick internet click to find out

The guy was singing out of tune and had no volume that was the problem I heard.

My wife called me to come and watch Israel, I’m glad she did … :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’ll teach them for blanking Johnny Rotten

I think I know the reason why

He was never winning the Irish contest.
That was evident from the outset.

Where is the Eurovision Song Contest Anfield Tours Spin-Off money John…!

1 Like

OK, It’s second semi-final time in Liverpool tonight. It starts at 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST on BBC One in the UK and whatever your local Eurovision vendor is elsewhere (apparently RTÉ2 in Ireland).

# Country Artist Song
1 Denmark Reiley Breaking My Heart
2 Armenia Brunette Future Lover
3 Romania Theodor Andrei D.G.T. (Off and On)
4 Estonia Alika Bridges
5 Belgium Gustaph Because of You
6 Cyprus Andrew Lambrou Break a Broken Heart
7 Iceland Diljá Power
8 Greece Victor Vernicos What They Say
9 Poland Blanka Solo
10 Slovenia Joker Out Carpe Diem
11 Georgia Iru Echo
12 San Marino Piqued Jacks Like an Animal
13 Austria Teya and Salena Who the Hell Is Edgar?
14 Albania Albina and Familja Kelmendi Duje
15 Lithuania Monika Linkytė Stay
16 Australia Voyager Promise

The participating countries plus Spain, Ukraine and the UK can vote for their favourites (apart from their own country) whilst the rest of us can sit back, enjoy the spectacle on screen, and then scoff at everyone else’s appalling choices (no, I don’t know how Croatia got through either - I suspect shenanigans!)

2 Likes

Put the semis on for the Mrs last night, watched a bit with her. It’s generally not my kind of music at Eurovision, so I expect that, but I thought the choices were bad even by Eurovision standards. Maybe not even bad, just boring, unremarkable, forgettable. Liverpool/Ukraine deserves better imo, maybe there’s something in the other semis.

2 Likes

Israël should win it, hands down, great song :sunglasses:

https://twitter.com/noakirel/status/1612487612782067712?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

1 Like

The Guardian have done a ranking of all the previous Eurovision winners:

I’m not sure I agree with all their comments. Very harsh on the Hallelujah song which I’ve heard as a sing-along a wedding and definitely seems to have made a cultural mark.

Personally, I would have placed France Gall top and I thought Ding-a-Dong was a better song that Abba’s Waterloo - we just may not have had the former without the latter.

Arguably, some of the most internationally popular tunes didn’t even win; Volare and L’amour est bleu / Love s Blue didn’t even get the runners-up slot.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Just had a relisten to some of the official videos of songs from the first semi on youtube and I think a lot was lost with the sound set-up because all of them sounded massively better than the live performances.

So my current top 3 are Serbia, Norway and Azerbaijan who unfortunately got knocked out. It had a lot of Flight of the Concords vibes.

1 Like

Maybe Serbia should have done this version? I think they way they did it in the semi might be too distracting.
It’s probably not a winner in either format, but I prefer this one

1 Like

Alesha Dixon holy mother O’ Mary.

Denmark - :nauseated_face:
Armenia - :heart_eyes:
Ozzy Ozbourne up next - :sleeping:

2 Likes

Estonia quite nice, but maybe lacking something.

I’m watching this on the iPlayer live stream tonight. The sound mix seems to be much better. I think the vocals are much higher up the mix.

Anyone else noticed this?