Eurovision Thread

staring jim carrey GIF

My faves of the night probably Estonia, Belgium and Austria.

But I’m gong to have to give everything a listen on youtube before the final to see what they should actually sound like.

This intermission act is killing it.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1656753574301298688?t=PKk-8-ofnzo_sdmasRBZnw&s=19

2 Likes

And some people oppose drag queen storytime. Those three could read the A-Z to me and I’d find it entertaining.

If Cyprus Poland and Lithuania don’t all qualify…WE RIOT!!!

Put those petrol bombs away NOW!

The Spain entry, what a racket!!

I thought it was very unusual. I wonder if it will get many votes.

All through, so happy with that.

It will probably win. No it won’t, Ukraine will.

1 Like

Probably placed 2nd bottom with 5 more points than Mae Muller.

The drummer, Ashley, is my cousin’s husband.

I haven’t watched a second of the contest. I don’t even recall how Voyager got into the comp as they got second in the Aussie qualifiers, but I’ll probably tune into the final just for them.

2 Likes

I just checked out the bio and they finished second in last year’s competition but this year the broadcaster chose the song internally and went for Voyager - presumably knowing that they would be up for it.

Oddly enough, I have a distant cousin who once took part in Eurovision years ago. She didn’t win.

Australia may be the best song, but they cannot win.
There are too many struggling broadscasters across Europe, and sending an entourage to Sydney next year will be a massive amount of money.
So, they will not win.

Sweden will win, and host the show on the 50th anniversary of Abba and Waterloo.

And the world will keep turning and the duality of poverty and misery vs ostentation and glitz will continue…

I just made myself miserable with the last comment but I can’t lose it now.

2 Likes

I think the EBU confirmed that they wouldn’t host it in Australia if they won it anyway. They would have a guest country like this year - presumably one of the bigger funders so UK, Germany, France etc.

Alesha Dixon is the Eurovision highlight so far. Stunning.

I love when we agree!!

https://twitter.com/Liverpoolgoals_/status/1657076365672185861

5 Likes