Ex-player: Arthur MELO

He will fit in if he remains fit as that will be better than most of them.

Everton just signed someone who isnt Darren Gibson but my mind always thinks is his name for half his cost. He’ll be playing league 1 in two seasons. Arthur at only 15 million more has just opened a door to break back into the Brazil world cup side.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Ola :wave:

1 Like

Could guarantee that Klopp got the low-down from Ali, Bobby and Fab, all great human beings themselves

3 Likes

Will help him settle with Jota also there not sure what Thiago, Jota and Nunez were talking in last night I assumed Spanish but Thiago has Brazilian parents so it’s probably Portuguese, assuming Nunez learnt it at Benfica it’s not massively different from Spanish so my ex said who hadn’t ever learnt it properly.

To cauterize Naby’s nerve endings.

3 Likes

If he, somehow, became good enough for us to buy him, played here long and good enough for him to become a playing legend; then his name would make for good puns and songs :wink:

1 Like

Honestly, he is saying a lot of nice things here. I really hope he succeeds.

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmAO3320Eh0&ab_channel=aranFE
His close control is fun to watch. gifted footballers.

1 Like

If those Barca highlights are him yes he does more often than not go back but I did note he does go forward when it’s on and he seems to be able to hold on to the ball really well so if you’ve got our wing backs going forward or the likes of Diaz, Salah and Elliott he might provide quite a bit of outlay.

It’s all I’ve seen of him, it’s one game and they may have left out where he lost it but there is one clip where he almost does but recovers. There isn’t a lot to look at but I do think he will give us some stability with the ball and much better than what I saw last night at times. He also might come into his own if we are defending a lead.

2 Likes

i get you cant turn Cristiano ronaldo into Lionel Messi…but sometimes we overstate what a player has done for one club and assume he cant do something different for another, they are proffesional footballers, they can change it up a bit…TimVickery in the other thread was stating Liverpool are a ‘vertical’ team, which i assume means quick through the transition, and Melo is a possesion based talent; re the Barca stepping stone…

is he suggesting Arthur cant look up and find a pass moving forward?

im not saying he has to become a maruading fullback, but surely a midfielder can become a slightly different midfielder when asked to for another club.

daft.

obviously Gini is the poster boy for my point, but it doesnt have to be that outragueosly obvious…take Gerrard for example, played quite a few different roles here for different managers, and even though he looked best at give and go stuff, he actually could, yknow, pass ‘horizontally’(LOL)

2 Likes

Smart business. Try before you buy. Worth a shot.

Very good we have another Edition in Midfield cover for Thiago it’s not a big gamble there can only be upside
Gee golly he reminds me of my favorite chocolate Caramelo and my favorite drink Guinness. I had to get that off my chest you know

2 Likes

My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I heard Vickery say that.

Firstly, we are a possession based side. The Fulham game has been the lowest of our 5 games this season with 67%, all of the others are 70+.

Secondly, the role Arthur will come in to play is one where retaining possession/recycling the ball has been the main aim for years. Wijnaldum did it, Thiago does it. Obviously Thiago does better things with the ball than Gini but he’s an elite level passer. If Arthur can fall somewhere in the middle of those two he’s not going to look out of place.

10 Likes

Stopped watching when I saw “van Dyck”.

2 Likes

Unfortunately he’s been playing like he thinks he’s in a van Dyck painting at times this season…

Exactly, we’ve been crying out for a player who can fill in for Thiago on the left of midfield and play a similar game… Especially after we’ve basically re-designed our entire tactical set up around such a player.

I’d happily take the view of probably the greatest player ever which was he is very similar to Xavi, and he’d know I think…

As others have mentioned he’s not kicked on from the promise he showed when moving to Barca, that could be circumstance or something else, hence a loan is a great deal for both parties…

2 Likes