Ex-player: Arthur MELO

Definitely looks more technically gifted than players at that kind of level - thatā€™s clearly not gone away. Theyā€™re definitely targeting him with tough challenges, though, and he gets sloppier as the game goes on.

He has scored on international duty.

Some achievement as he isnā€™t even in the squad.

2 Likes

Holy shit I thought I was on the Nunez thread. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Thought maybe you meant the Brazil u21 team.

Brazil veterans. :joy:

Does his wife know?

Getting a trim for tomorrow night.

1 Like

Give him a game Klopp. Letā€™s not die from never knowing

3 Likes

I wonder why we even brought him in, did we need someone to help with moving the goalposts ā€¦

Desperation in case we ever sustained long term injuries to Hendo Thiago Naby Jones simultaneously (quite likely scenario tbh), a standby option if you want to call it that.

1 Like

He played for Barcelona, Juve and Brazil, he is only 26 and does not think he is above playing matches with the U21 to gain some rhythm.

I would give him a shot against Rangers on a

Arthur-Henderson-Thiago

midfield

6 Likes

All those things are correct.

I mean heā€™s here now, I wouldnā€™t be against him starting although I donā€™t think he will, I get the sense of feeling Klopp doesnā€™t care a whole lot for him.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure we can say that yet as he needed to regain match fitness (hence the u23s). If he isnā€™t picked to play over the next couple of months then yes Iā€™d agree that itā€™s clear Klopp doesnā€™t rate him but I hope (and expect) heā€™ll get chances on the pitch quite soon.

1 Like

Thereā€™s still so many games left in the season. There are 12 games in next 5 weeks alone. And donā€™t forget the number of injuries we have.

He will get plenty of games and hopefully he will do well too.

So we have 6 players currently listed as injured. Ox, Naby, Jones, Robbo, Konate and Ramsey. Of those 6, 2 have been injury plagued for a number of seasons (Ox and Nabby), 3 are defenders, so not even competing with him for a spot leaving 1 who is still young, so not really a guaranteed starter.

Not entirelly sure why injuries would be seen as giving him a greater chance of getting game time as none of the players currently injured really block his path into the team

We have Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho, Elliott (still very young), and Milner (:older_man:). Thereā€™s space enough for Melo.

Arthur will struggle like most players who Klopp didnā€™t ask for, unless heā€™s pulling up trees in training Klopp will go with his trusted players to get through this difficult time.

Heā€™s literally been here for 4 games, 3 of which came while he was widely documented to not be match fit yet, and yet managed to play 13 minutes of that.

The lot of you are pathetic, itā€™s way too early to even get an idea of what his time here will be like. Whatā€™s next, shitting on Kelleher because he hasnā€™t played this season?

3 Likes