Former players and managers - general discussion

2 Likes

A 33-year old CB says that Superman is his hero.

Most Dejan Lovren thing ever. :joy:

Thought he would wait the finals of the Nations League and possibly more, but there you go. Vida will be next and then it’s up to Gvardiol to become Croatia’s leader at the back.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading this book. The author says he attended a Libertadores game between LanĂșs and the Ecuadorians Emelec in 2012.
On the walk to the stadium, there’s a forty foot cutout looming over the crowds - not of Hector Enrique, Gustavo LĂłpez, or even LanĂșs-born Diego Maradona, but one Glen Johnson.
I’d love to see a picture. Turns out it was an Adidas ad campaign. They clearly know their demographics.

2 Likes

Same experience in Prague (albeit that’s slightly less bizarre) in 2010. Glen Johnson and Chelsea backup Daniel Sturridge on a huge billboard in the city centre.

3 Likes

I remember we played in Prague, season 10/11.

Few of my mates went, I couldn’t go. One of the most boring games I’ve seen, there wasn’t a single chance created.

But then Sturridge wasn’t our player then, so must’ve appeared in later years.

Lies. Are you saying you were not entertained by this?

Look at Reina’s face. You can see him asking himself how his career had come to this.

:joy:

Sad times indeed.

No wonder Carragher with the captains armband has delusions of being better than Virgil
!
The one eyed man is always king in the land of the blind.!

1 Like

Looks like a Rogaine ad.

Seen less skinheads on a far right March.

2 Likes

That team would give us a run for our money today

If I remember correctly, Tomas Repka played and looked like a MMA star!

Loved him when he played for us and later on in “a guesttion of sport”

Almost 20 years since he past away 
 :disappointed:

9 Likes

Is this the most baldies we’ve ever had in a starting 11? I count 6

4 Likes

David N’gog in that line up,

Ended up playing for Ross County (an ex highland league team) who quickly dumped him!

How on earth was he deemed good enough for us?

2 Likes

Didn’t they all have “the next tag”.

I can’t remember what his was. I called him N’goals simply because he never scored any.

He was far from the worst in fairness to him.

2 Likes

Erik Meijer springs to mind.

1 Like

Crazy horse. Fantastic player. A legend.

1 Like