Former players and managers - general discussion

And much more relatable wages etc.

Thing about that line up is they were all lumpen cloggers at that point. Basically a team of Jamie lumpen cloggahers minus the skills and guts. Dreadful bunch were Woys team - absolutely the worst Liverpool team of all time (at least since early Shankly)

2 Likes

We had ÂŁ1.5m left in the budget to find a striker that would be among the backups and the scouting team came up with his name for Rafa.

So it was heavily commanded by difficult circumstances, so taking that into account it wasn’t all that bad.

2 Likes

Not Prague, but Naples 0-0 21.10.2010

P Reina
M Kelly
J Carragher (c)
M Skrtel
P Konchesky
M Jovanovic
C Poulsen
J Spearing
R Babel
J Shelvey
D Ngog

Substitutes

B Jones
F Aurelio
J Cole
S Kyrgiakos
M Rodriguez
D Wilson
N Eccleston

The Prague match was in Feb 2011 after Kenny took over.

1 Like

The king is 72 today.

11 Likes

Pretty drastic action from him.

4 Likes

Good for him, looks much healthier.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Neil ‘thin as a razor’ Ruddock :0)

1 Like

Marko Grujic seems to finally have won his starting spot at Porto this season and just scored his first goal this year.

1 Like

Studge the Sky pundit.

6 Likes

Wonder how he will talk about us? Hopefully next season when we are playing well :grimacing:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Always sad to hear any player that’s forced into retirement nevermind when it’s one of your own but he should feel privileged to have played until 36 at 2 huge clubs in Europe (ok maybe 1 huge and 1 big) as well as starting and ending at his boyhood club. I’m just very happy for him he got to win something at Liverpool (& Lazio) because he played with some truly despairing Liverpool teams in his 10 years at the club
one of those players you couldn’t ever dislike.

5 Likes

On the socials he bigs us up every opportunity he gets. Pity he wasn’t right about his prediction about us getting a jolt from the United win

2 Likes

I‘m sure Lucas will work for the club again. Youth or assistant coach, scout in South America or ambassador.

1 Like
2 Likes

My heart went out to him, had me in tears in the end. Very loyal player to every club he played in. He knew when you put on that shirt, you play your heart and run through brick walls when you are out on tge pitch. He always gave 110%. Lovely personality.

I was really sad when he left Liverpool, even though he did not reach the heights he should have.

I hope he finds something nice and still be part of the football in some capacity.

Get well soon Lucas,
lucky!!!

11 Likes