Former players and managers - general discussion

Have you looked at the Champions Wall? :thinking::nerd_face:

Iā€™ll say that Lucas has as much right to ā€˜Legendā€™ or ā€œLeg Endā€ status in the fact that even in the (worst or poorest) of times he cheered us up. Even if it was just a meme?

Go and Google ā€œunluckee memeā€? Thatā€™s Our Lucas. Heā€™s an OOT fella but heā€™s Scouse through and through.

Heā€™s a LEGEND in my eyes.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yeah but thatā€™s my opinion and according to you itā€™s all that matters.

It is but then, you slated him for his and you are being an arse about it

1 Like

NEW: Luis Suarez dedicated his latest Gremio goal to Lucas Leiva following the ex-Liverpool midfielder being forced to retire from football because of a heart condition. #lfc [liverpool echo]

2 Likes

Suarez?

i was never the biggest fan of Lucas as a footballer, but would like to think i acknowledged him as a good professional.

i googled the definition of legend;

Legend, traditional story or group of stories told about a particular person or place. Formerly the term legend meant a tale about a saint. Legends resemble folktales in content; they may include supernatural beings, elements of mythology, or explanations of natural phenomena, but they are associated with a particular locality or person ā€¦

he could loosely be termed as a legendā€¦his newcastle pass defintely was supernatural, the conversation about his decoy runs was, and Zagueros undying loyalty to him was a natural phenomenaā€¦id also suggest that what he brought the game of football compared to what the layman was able to recognise was steeped in mythologyā€¦

4 Likes

Stick him in the transfer committee (if it even still exists).
Although he may be over qualified in the ā€œnot very goodā€ department.
Nice bloke Iā€™m told though

1 Like

That shot against Everton that had Klopp laughing his head off :rofl:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t slate him, just stated why I think Lucas isnā€™t a legend even though I love Lucas.

Wow, some yogurt knitters on here. Having a different opinion is slating someone now?

Anyway, this is a forum based on different opinions is it not? Having an opinion is what matters, doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a correct opinion just cos itā€™s someoneā€™s opinion does it?

2 Likes

No, not in my opinion. Fantastic footballer but not a legend.
Souness, Billy Lidell, Cally all legends.

1 Like

I think he was generally a good player and did improve with time.

But Dalglish is a legend, do you create a new tier between that and others.

Itā€™s use of language but Iā€™d say he is deserving of playing in a Liverpool ā€œlegendsā€ game but if you were actually playing legends then youā€™d have to dig some up, some would be pretty old and youā€™d have a couple at best.

Garcia created one of the truly legendary moments in the 00s and that team then went on to create the legendary moment of the club in the 21st century (so far hopefully) until Klopp went on to win the CL and PL.

So you can say they created moments we will talk about for years but weā€™re they legends of the game probably not.

Anyhow didnā€™t Kewell play in one of these :joy:

1 Like

yes, at the moment, but theres a few working on thatā€¦

Anyway. Xabiā€™s Leverkusen beat Munich over the weekend.

3 Likes

I went to a ā€œLegendsā€ game a few years ago in Dublin.

Mark Walters was playing for Liverpool.

Thats a description of legend that stretches the norm.

Genuinely nice guy though, spent time talking to the fans.
About the Auxerre goal.

3 Likes

Had a bit of a dip but they rallied to beat Monaco and the form has generally been good considering what he took over.

Way too early but promising signs from him. That was a bit of a scalp especially being 1-0 down.

& yet somehow to this day his departure still hurts the mostā€¦even though he went on to win what he did at Chelsea, a career that very much went to waste.

Best of luck to him in management & who knows, he could well be in a position to takeover from Simeone in the summerā€¦not doing too badly with the youth there.

5 Likes

Legend!

Yep. I donā€™t know why but I loved Torres more than Suarez.

1 Like

He ā€œnever kissed the badgeā€, though.