Former players and managers - general discussion

6th anniversary today.

8 Likes

96 goals, 54 assists and 7 major trophies across 247 Reds appearances.

10 Likes

That was the moment I thought we can’t lose this now.

Happy Birthday Jerzy

17 Likes

Didn’t somebody on here call their dog Dudek?

Probably put a Jerzy on him in the winter. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Room 101, dogs in coats.

Greyhounds and whippets excluded, I hope?

Only on race days.

1 Like

Fernando broke my heart. I am still not over him leaving. I was about to cut my red shirt into pieces and in the end, I couldn’t do it.

4 Likes

Who says there is no Liverpool game this weekend.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

There were quite a few there I didn’t recognise at all :thinking:

Kuyt, McManaman and McAllister were the only ones I could put a name to…

1 Like

Ragnar Klavan, Sami Hyypia, Mark Gonzalez, Robbie Keane, Gary McAllister, Dirk Kuyt, Albert Riera, Steve McManaman, Martin Skrtel, Bjorn Tore Kvarme, Sander Westerveld, Fabio Aurelio, Momo Sissoko, Gregory Vignal, Salif Diao (took me a while to recognise him tbh) and Jerzy Dudek. Think that’s everyone on the pictures.

I think the young goalkeeper that can be seen in there is U21 keeper Oscar Kelly. He has actually never played at either U18 or U21 level for us and I think hes on the path to coaching instead, so I havent seen him that often to be sure.

1 Like

The word legend doesn’t apply to some of these lads, lets be honest

Its a misused term at the best of times, but in these games it would be more accurate to say…

“Players who played for Liverpool, many of whom are better now through sepia tinted memory”

Probably too long for a poster though?

4 Likes

Doesn’t apply to most of them.

Of course these are no legends (most of them), we’ve known that for a while. I have no issues if they call it ‘LFC Legends’ to keep it short and simple. Or if they change it to LFC Ex-Players or whatever.

It’s a great thing, I look forward to it. Have not missed one since it started.

6 Likes

It’s on Youtube for anyone interested in watching

4 Likes

The XI for the first half. What a group! :rofl: I just got transported back to the 2000s with Kuyt up top with Gerrard at 10. Excited to see what Stevie can do, also big Sami!

Is it odd to see Skrtel there?

Dirk Kuyt…fitter than Milner?

Imagine those 2 in the pre-season lactate test