Former players and managers - general discussion

Nice to see him finally fulfill his childhood dream of managing Maccabi Tel Aviv.

1 Like

Exciting days ā€¦

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1673949352044249091?s=20

3 Likes

Loved Sadio and he was unfairly penalised by refs. Still get a chuckle out of an American commentator calling him ā€˜Maneā€™ as in the Lion. Hope he enjoys the rest of his career away from Hollywood FC

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1674436805666516993?t=ebgCmnHMlJtF-V_RABhL5g&s=19

1 Like

Fuck-off Robbie what you doing -
Has he changed his name from God now or does he keep it :man_shrugging:

To be honest itā€™s about the level.

Though for a man who has lots on investments does he really need money? Then again what are they paying him

He lost a lot of money due to his agent or manager/ business partner running off with it. i dont know how well off he is now but given this job and his spell in Thailand, iā€™m guessing he is someone with relatively few options within the game.

1 Like

Ah fair enough, I thought he did promotions for it

2 Likes

I wonder if heā€™s still good enough to put a few in the back of the net in the second tier Saudi division. Maybe he could get them promoted as a super sub. Strange choice, though. Last coached in India.

1 Like

He probably is still good enoughā€¦
Might need to take out that Xmas Pudding he has got hiding under his shirt first thoughā€¦ Not a great look when running around the pitchā€¦ and I should know :0)

1 Like

Itā€™s always a difficult one.

On the one hand, we donā€™t like our legends getting caught up doing business with a dubious regime.

On the other hand, the Saudis are making moves into sport, and before long I think a lot of people will be involved. (Is Ox weighing a move there?)

Then we automatically talk about the money, as though that is all a person needs from work. Even after some setbacks, perhaps Robbie has enough tucked away that he doesnā€™t need to take the job, financially speaking.

But what about other aspects of why a person works? Purpose? Meaning? Keeping busy? A chance to use the skills they have? An opportunity to travel, or experience something different?

Robbie is a legend and was a world class striker for us. That doesnā€™t change.

Since then he has had a modest coaching career, and presumably he hasnā€™t been flooded with offers, so I find it hard to begrudge him this, or judge him for it.

3 Likes

He did. He was part of the wave of people offering those buy to let seminars. That came after he lost a big chunk of his money but I donā€™t know whether it led him to going into the Seminar business or if he would have done so anyway given how profitable it appeared.

Ibe apparently training with Chesterfield, still just 27 years old. Rough few years in his career

2 Likes

Yeah heā€™s had some tough years with mental health. Glad to see him back training and I hope heā€™s getting the help he needs.

2 Likes

Poor kid. He really looked exciting when he first played for us. Very sad how it turned out.

1 Like

Yeah doesnā€™t hop over like you David.

You called?

brought a tear to my eye this did,
specially when Sir Bob speaks about the Kingā€¦

long live the Kingā€¦

4 Likes

Coady moves to Leicester. After failing to get Everton relegated.

1 Like