Former players and managers - general discussion

Wasnt one of the reasons Rafa got rid of him despite him playing a lot was an incident with him lashing out at one of the youth players in training?

Yep. as far as I remember he undeservedly attacked youngster (still don’t know who it was) twice. He got punished. Then he opened his big mouth and attacked Rafa and the club via media. Later Turks (Galatasaray?) couldn’t wait to get rid of him and Udinese terminated his contract because he went to some poker tournament and skipped a game. He called Udinese the worst club he ever played for. Classy.

Emre Can - new captain of Borussia Dortmund :grimacing:

3 Likes

Good for him. Made a career after getting frozen out at Juventus.

4 Likes

Bad for him, could have stayed at Liverpool and won something.

Wasn’t good enough to succeed at Liverpool and Juventus did win the serie A with him in the squad.

2 Likes

He’s done ok considering his limitations. Fair play to him.

Cracking head of hair on him, Emre Can.

Decent player. Good enough as a squad man for us, but he saw himself as more of a main man, so we parted company. I wouldn’t imagine either side has any regrets.

3 Likes

Turning circle of an oil tanker

1 Like

Watching Feyenoord vs Villarreal, Moreno is still playing … :scream:

3 Likes

There’s always the alternative explanation, that he knew his limitations, and even if he won the Champions League and the Premier League, he wouldn’t have appreciated it knowing he was just a bench player at best.

Given how often so many like to criticise people as benchwarmers, for not actually doing their part to win a trophy or title, I’m surprised that Can would get criticism for going out and sticking to his guns.

Part of the ill-fated class of the Summer of 2014. Suarez money. Remember when Brendan played him at CB in the 3-5-2? He actually wasn’t bad in that formation.

2 Likes

He’s not a bad player at all, certainly.

I just think that the transfer was one of those rare amicable transfers that worked out well for both parties.

He left on a free didn’t he?

Yes, but that was also the season we brought Fabinho and KeĂŻta in, so not entirely sure he would seen much game time.

Bosman, I believe. We had offered him a contract extension.

1 Like

FIFY

This came up on a random Facebook page. It’s the memorial to Bob Paisley in Hetton-le-Hole, his home town.

16 Likes

On a related note, I visited Glenbuck, Shankly’s home village a few years ago. The village itself no longer exists but there is a memorial at the entrance to the opencasting site.

11 Likes

Every time I see the Shanks one, I wonder who proofread it.

1 Like