Former players and managers - general discussion

Are you a ghost to yourself?

A good journalist or so may help but then who is that?

I remember when the South American expert was on a BBC programme and Shearer basically was a twat to him because he hadnā€™t played the game.

1 Like

It would be good to hear him talk about his experiences of playing with his injuries. He could offer a different insight to what we usually get

3 Likes

Thought he was doing Strictly Come Dancingā€¦

1 Like

Went downhill when the previous host left. Max and Barry are too ā€˜blokeyā€™ and the balance between humour and insight has been lost.

Saying that, the other podcast isnt as fun as the old football weekly either - perhaps because the good journalists are now split between the two shows

1 Like

I think thatā€™'s a guarantee

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1690689447879139328

7 Likes

Still needs help with walking it seems :unamused:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1691023459352989697?s=20

4 Likes

Predicting that heā€™ll leave them next season with very few appearances.

I hope he somehow is able to get back to some form of fitness and performance.

Best of Luck

4 Likes

Wish we could add Romano to the banned list of sources just for being a twat

2 Likes

I miss having muted words on here. Would be quite useful.

Just saddened to see that heā€™s allowed to not be banned , but man of the people indy is on the banned listā€¦I mean at least his are comical

It doesnā€™t seem to work out for any players from the UK in Turkey. I canā€™t remember one, who stayed for more than one season. No doubt someone will come up with a name.

Klopp on teams will never be topped to be fair, though he did try with the Caciedo locking himself in his hotel room.

So how was Sturridge on Sky? :sweat_smile:

Heard a clip of Matt Mills from some podcast, talking about his time with Brendan at Reading. He says, one morning, Brendan walks into the locker room and starts giving a speech in Spanish.

Wasnā€™t a single Spanish speaker in the squad.

1 Like

Ulster Spanish, they call it