Former players and managers - general discussion

I was shocked to hear the news that he was taken to hospital seriously ill, He was my favourite CH with silky skills I hope he recovers quickly and support his family at this tough moment.

4 Likes

Not good

1 Like

It’s an epic skill which you only really appreciate when you play the game. I get tackled 3 seconds before I get the ball, he had his tackles and passes timed on a calendar.

1 Like

Fingers crossed he pulls through…

One of my favourite ever players…oozed class.

He won eight league titles, three European Cups, two FA Cups and three League Cups…just wow

5 Likes

Cmon Jocky…you fought in every game…now it’s time to fight again…u can do it…fight it Jocky fight it…in my thoughts…

3 Likes

Best wish Jock and praying for you to make a full recovery

2 Likes

This is awful to hear :frowning: As others have said, he is an all-time favourite of mine and the sort of player and person that makes you proud of your club. Also an inspiringly eloquent and charming man. I hope he pulls through and understands how loved and supported he will always be.

4 Likes

From BBC…

Bournemouth’s England striker Dominic Solanke, 26, is available for £65m this summer and Arsenal are one of the clubs interested. (Express)

3 Likes

Always felt it strange when he retired relatively early from his punditry work - wonder if this has been a long term thing manifesting
Anyway, get well soon Alan

3 Likes

Do we have a sell on clause? Arsenal are mugs if they get rid of Jesus and pay 65m for him.

2 Likes

Do we have a sell on clause ?

Thought that myself.

1 Like

Ben Winterbottom has been formally promoted from Brentford’s B team to their first team squad for next season. Brentford do however already have 5 first team goalkeepers so I don’t expect this move means much for first team prospects in the short term.

3 Likes

Actually, I’m not sure he isn’t better than Jesus…

Was very happy to see him have a great season, but still don’t really see him as top 4 level either.

1 Like

We do apparently and we will get 20% from his sale that’s going to hurt Arse

6 Likes

Words in isolation can mean so much more?

2 Likes

Lallana has signed for Southampton

6 Likes

Full circle for Lallana. I wonder whether he will go into coaching?

2 Likes

I’ve also been wondering about that. Milner always struck me as a future, modernised version of Ronnie Moran, while Lallana has something about him that makes me think he could have a decent career as a head coach/manager. They could lead a team together then!

6 Likes

I do think Lallana has some coaching potential.

He was never the quickest etc but his game understanding and management of close places is reminiscent of a lot of midfielder turned coaches who have been successful in the modern game.

Think Xavi , Xabi , Baldiola

2 Likes