Former players and managers - general discussion

And I always liked Lallana.

Pity about his injury which derailed his Liverpool career but he was immense for Klopp before.

6 Likes

https://x.com/LFC/status/1804863733857947752

23 Likes

Great news :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Always a fighter…

1 Like

Fantastic news to hear.

1 Like
1 Like

Super Mario in action :laughing:

https://x.com/lnstantFoot/status/1807556027489091876

1 Like

Feel sorry for ourselves and even ashamed that we were the last big club in his career that invested and were sold on his “talent”.

That’s not because of that video though, I bet tons of players end up in similar situations when they’re on holiday.

1 Like

The OS posted a message the day of the Italy-Swiss game of all our old players who had represented those countries. What a run down a memory lane of mediocrity and WTFs that was.

2 Likes

I was cautiously optimistic at the time. I was hoping he would embrace LFC’s family love and support and become just a bit more serious and professional.

I kinda loved watching him, he was box of surprises (rarely positive mind) and I must admit I might have a soft spot for eccentric people. I’m always extremely intrigued in their mentality…

Of course they do, like we all do sometimes. Nothing wrong with that.

I just saw this clip yesterday and made me smile, coz Mario will never change and he’ll always be a big immature child.

2 Likes

Mario at LFC was the complete opposite of what I expected… I thought we’d be getting an eccentric genius who’d drive us mad with his antics but deliver on the pitch. Imagine my surprise and disappointment that we got a calm player who did basically nothing in a red shirt lol

3 Likes

Makes me wonder if trying to keep him normal also killed off his genius…

Wouldn’t have been a major task?
Genius involves everything, not just the bits we remember fondly .
Most of his career he was a tool.

Mate tells me Alan Hansen was having a coffee at his golf club yesterday. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Thiago has retired.

8 Likes

Smashing player who couldn’t stay fit enough at Liverpool to make the sort of contribution we all knew he was well capable of. We saw glimpses, and it set the imagination racing, but alas, his body let him down.

Good luck to him in retirement. Maybe he will do his badges and pop up as a great coach somewhere.

5 Likes

Bellers set to take the Wales job

6 Likes

Be crackers to take it no decent players

How naive of the Welsh FA. They should follow the FAI’s example and not appoint a manager to save a few quid.
Rumour has it that the FAI are taking an X Factor approach and having a different celebrity take the training each international window.

Useless fucks.

4 Likes

Better at club management.

Ask Riise

6 Likes