Former players and managers - general discussion

I always remember Seb Coe’s (that’s what I called him) overhead kick. Lovely stuff.

He was a decent defender, but obviously not mobile enough for us at the highest level. The sort that Man Utd paid 80M for, mind…

I am not liking all the noise around Sadio Mane to Bayern Munich. I read his quotes and thought they leaned towards him staying and signing a new deal here at Liverpool. But since then the noise around a move to Bayern Munich has grown. It is concerning.

So, to link it to the message above, IF Sadio does leave (and I hope he doesn’t) I would like to see us sign Darwin Nunez to play through the middle. Diaz left, Mo right, Jota flexible and seeing plenty of action too, Firmino maybe slightly less, but still a very useful player. And Carvalho to surprise us with his level too.

Oddly enough the noise seems to be coming from French media? French media commenting on a potential move from an English club to a German club involving a Senegalese player?

Call me skeptical on this one.

1 Like

The amount of noise makes me wonder… but at 30mil? It just doesn’t seem like a deal we would do until the end of the summer and only if there was no movement on his contract.

The story with him was always contract negotiations were tabled until summer so he could focus on playing. Doing a deal to a bayern tue week before a champions league final just doesn’t seem like the way Mane handles his business

2 Likes

Mané is 30 years old with 1 year on his contract, would not be surprised if the £30m is correct.

I could well imagine it is what Bayern have offered, but I really can’t see us accepting that.

Chuck Gnabry in and we might talk.

2 Likes

How much did we pay for Thiago?

Doesn’t matter, that’s all Bayern will ask for a player leaving, they took a decision to sell.

3 Likes

I get it, Bayern might think the Thiago fee is the benchmark, but they are different players.

Sadio Mane is in the conversation for Ballon Dor and one of the best players in the world. World class strikers are also the most expensive position to buy.

I would much rather another year of Mane and him leave on a free, than 30M from Bayern.

Mind you, I think he is signing a new deal with us.

1 Like

Yeah they’re 2 or 3 years away from getting him for £30m.

2 Likes

Chuck Gnarbry sounds like a mid inning reliever for Milwaukee Brewers.

He came up through the minors with Tug McGraw

4 Likes

You can tug your own graw.

2 Likes

Former Liverpool favourite Dirk Kuyt is set to be named as the new manager of Dutch side ADO Den Haag, as per @LivEchoLFC

6 Likes

Hahahahaha @Dutch

1 Like

All the best to Dirk. I expect his teams work rate to be incredible. Android?! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@Dutch any insights on ADO Den Haag?

They are shite.

Neil Critchley to Aston Villa as assistant. Strange imo as got Blackpool up as manager now to take an assistant job

2 Likes

Their owner’s a bit of a cunt, but he keeps himself busy.

1 Like

Wow, it’s so cool to see a bona fide club legend and all-round awesome guy get his start in management. I guess we’re all unofficial Den Haag fans now, right? :heart_eyes:

:eyes:

6 Likes

Suppose the next step up would be a top championship club, problem is start the season bad and you’ll be back down in league 1 again. I think this isn’t actually a bad decision.

1 Like