Former players and managers - general discussion

Enrique?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Strange selection

2 Likes

I think I read they’re the ones the club sent on tour to deal with sponsor stuff, so the players don’t have to.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, I’d read about that as well
 thanks for connecting the dots!

1 Like

Just as a thought, if you follow our players on Twitter, do you stop following them if they move to another club? The reason I was asking is that I noticed Neco Williams come up on my timeline regarding his move to Forest. Now I’m not that bothered about Forest but I still like to see how our former players get on.

2 Likes

Personally, it comes down to the way they handle and act during the transfer.

Those who I thought acted poorly like Torres, Coutinho or Flanno, I stop following them. Others that don’t seem to act in cuntish ways to force a move, I keep following

2 Likes

Gini is really hitting the nadir of his career.
Firefox Translate:

“PSGs without the “undesirables” for the tour in Japan?”

PSG leaders are expected to dismiss almost all players they no longer rely on for the Japanese tour.

Now it seems even Barca would have been a better choice

My heart bleeds. Still waiting for the truth that he insisted the fans deserved.

1 Like

Don’t think so. Same misery.

Barca are trying to include his buddy Memphis in a swap deal to get Jules Kounde.

I swear they are trying to get rid of Julian Draxler in every summer for the past 6 years (because they have to balance the books) and he is still with them.

Difficult situation for Gini. Question is - does he have enough credit with the Dutch manager to not only make the World Cup squad but also still be a starter if he barely plays for Paris in the next four months?

He fought so hard to earn the high wages he is on now and I doubt he would accept less now and I doubt anyone else would pay him that big money now - not even on loan.

1 Like

Dutch won’t win the world cup. Gini should just relax and count his cash while writing his memoirs 'Gini, Mini, Mane and Mo. Who will get a statue? Now we know: A cautionary tale - don’t make the mistake I did."

2 Likes

Gini Mino Mané Mo

Who get’s statue, we know fo sho

(Wish I was) back at Anfield like before

Gini Mino Mané Mo

1 Like

He would be an improvement over Kassie at Milan.

Torres said the same when he left and the result was nothing special. Always sounds much more dramatic when players say it and then when/if the reveal it later. So I wouldn’t expect miracles.

Personal likeness aside (I never hid that I’m not a fan of Gini, but I undestand why he can be likeable to numbers of fans), maybe he’s not just that good? It’s laughable that he couldn’t fight off the great competition named; Danilo Pereira, Idrissa Gueye, Ander Herrera, etc. Aside of Verratti, there were places in that midfield up for grabs.

One bad club experience doesn’t make him immediately shit of course. He’s a good player, we managed to squeeze every drop of his physical attributes from 2018 onwards. But it’s like at every club (post his time in Holland) he initially wasn’t what the club thought was getting and he had to adapt/win his place differently. There are not a lot of Liverpool sides out there, so maybe he needs to drop a level.

3 Likes

Former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can has been put up for sale by Borussia Dortmund, as per @BILD

2 Likes
11 Likes

Such a man-boy is Crouchy. Living the life that we all would have wanted as kids, and most of us still do!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Such a shame we lost this guy
 Always thought he was an integral part of Jurgen’s building blocks