Former players and managers - general discussion

At what point is the player responsible for his choice of representation?

Most clubs will discard a player as freely as any agent.

1 Like

Maxi Rodriguez, Glen Johnson, Djimi Traore, Anthony Le Tallec and Salif Diao have been added to the Redsā€™ group for the second leg of the Legends of the North tie, which takes place at Anfield on Saturday September 24 (3pm BST kick-off). See below for ticket details.

The first leg, at Old Trafford in May, ended 3-1 to LFC Legends.

Certainly not when heā€™s 17.

Furthermore, itā€™s very easy to say they should dictate to their agent what to do and remove them when the actions are not consistent with that, but these are kids (even the adults are man babies) with no experience of anything other than kicking a football. They hire these people to be responsible for something they know nothing about. If that person who was developed trust with the player says ā€œweā€™re doing this and this is in your best interestā€ what player is reasonably going to oppose it?

You would think Duncan was a bit more protected from this due to his relationship with Gerrard, but it also seems he was specifically targeted because he was Gerrardā€™s cousin.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Lallana taking joint charge of Brighton for the Bournemouth game

5 Likes

Doubt he is long term but shows a potential route for him. I actually thought he may make a decent manager.

Has the wee gobshite only just realised that his footballing conduct, attitude and choices are his own? :joy::joy:

Really diminishes the ā€˜legendsā€™ moniker if they include Glen fucking Johnson; Le Tallec or Diao.

2 Likes

Twitter jumped the gun in terms of this ā€œjoint in chargeā€ stuff.

Brightonā€™s own website provides some info - Brighton & Hove Albion

Crofts (U21 coach) takes interim charge of the first team.

He will be assisted by his under-21 colleague Shannon Ruth, set play coach Nick Stanley, Adam Lallana and assistant goalkeeping coach Jack Stern.

"I spoke to Adam, heā€™s been outstanding in terms of speaking about what the boys need. He knows the dressing room inside out because heā€™s been a massive driver in getting the group to where they are now.

ā€œNot only is he a top player and person, but heā€™s going to be massive for the club in the next few days, I canā€™t thank him enough. Weā€™re looking forward to the challenge. Hopefully it will be an exciting couple of days.ā€

Assume heā€™s already been doing coaching badges. Best of luck to him.

2 Likes

A bit worried for Brighton for the rest of the season. Potter leaving could be an important event + their depth isnā€™t great. Theyā€™ve been often on the edge a little bit with this finding players from nowhere. Weā€™ll see who really replaces Potter though.

Only one King for me

7 Likes

:flushed: Give us him back thenā€¦!

1 Like

Heā€™s only been there a month and he was a free, I bet there are worse in that league.

1 Like

Hes been injured a bit.

Could I interest you in the Liverpool Gecko?

https://www.liverpoolgecko.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/divock-origi-labelled-worst-signing-24992510

Ad-free version of that site.

1 Like

Iā€™m obviously not the only one that gets driven up the wall by the Echo website. Now if they were just to lose the clickbait then there would beā€¦ no newspaper.

2 Likes

I think the criticism of him was literally that he was injured?

Yeah but ā€œworse signingā€ after a month for a freebie.

Sorry but thatā€™s just chatting shit.

4 Likes

No idea who Alvise Cagnazzo is, but Iā€™ve getting cunt vibes.

Not even the worst signing Milan have made this summer.

Itā€™s in the Daily Mail so an easy assumption to make.

1 Like