Happy Halloween you B@@@@@@S!

Trick n treats ready…mester wilkored08 puts the gate bar over…no kids…more sweets for him…tight git…(also no outside lights on, no hallway lamp on…electric cutbacks).

we just had a tremendous amount of rain last two days.

but I just saw a ray of sunshine peek through the clouds, hopefully just enough to dry out in time for trick-or-treating tonight with Junior (aka Deadpool) as you saw in the pic above

Bah Humbug!

Ran out of treats to hand out. Never stood a chance when we opened the door to a group of at least 20 kids looking for treats.

Currently torrential outside, doorbell batteries not getting flattened. Jnr due home in an hour, I sense umbrellas coming out.

It will probably be gone tomorrow. I am Norwegian so Halloween means nothing to me too. Lately, Norwegian kids have started dressing up, but there was none of that when I grew up not that long ago. I blame the malls and the hyper-capitalism for bringing this american mess into Norway. I’s all about spending money and buy stuff, nothing else. Oh, and kids dress up, but that’s brought to us by markets as well to sell stuff. I don’t take delight in monetised imported holy days.

4 Likes

I can’t get enough of these bats flying all over the site :heart: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am lying. As a student I dressed up once, very cheaply and badly, to join a party with this theme. But that was not that many years ago and I did it as an excuse to drink, be around pretty girls and be social. I have also been at a couple of other student parties with this theme without bothering to dress up. But when I was 12-18, this wasn’t a thing in Norway and I am only 39.

1 Like

been doing it my whole life. it’s great fun to see people decorate their houses and get dressed up just to entertain little children.

we’ll still give candy out to teenagers, I’d rather they make the rounds with the little kids than be elsewhere getting into trouble.

2 Likes

@aussielad @Bekloppt which of you was this

1 Like

My bet is this is @SBYM’s handy work

1 Like

I might get a dog just to try this next Halloween…

We don´t do this here in Germany as well… apart maybe from some kids who think its cool or something. But at least its not like carneval over several days. As a north German i have thankfully nothing to do with this nonsense.

I hate the spiders on my screen sooooo much ffs

4 Likes

I take it you have a real dislike of those critters ? :slight_smile:

There is actual a significant day today in Western history. Today it is Reformation Day. Not something even Protestants tend to celebrate, but it’s a significant historical day.

2 Likes

Our kids are a bit old for this now, but we will play along and greet all the kids in the neighborhood. We will have a fire pit at the end of our drive way, and a few chairs too (chili cooking as it is a bit nippy, and I will drink a beer too).

My wife is more neighborly than me - if it was me I’d leave the sweets on the porch with a sign to say help yourself - but we will ooh and aah at the neighborhood kids who will be dressed up.

We have a Bernedoodle and a Labradoodle so they may stay out with us, very friendly and will be a hit with the kids and delighted to greet everyone.

There’s an official time when it is over here, 8pm I think, which is reasonable enough.

2 Likes

Obviously not me. As everyone knows, I pride myself on my punctuation.

No kids knocked last night, thank goodness. Most of our neighbours are Chinese. Lots of cheap looking tat in the shops though.

Plenty of Irish in Australia, so it could have come over with them, but it seems to have got lost along the way.

51 now so don’t do the dressing up but always did so as a kid.Fcuk all sweets going around my area back then,fruit was what was given out or if you were lucky a sticky toffee apple.Sparklers where the fireworks and stinkbombs and bangers as the tricks.

1 Like

I don’t remember much of a Halloween when I was there in Oct, but I was near South Melbourne Market and it was the Rugby World Cup so it was a dress-up occasion anyways…

Happy Halloween

At the end of a storm… something about a golden sky?