Manchester City* - cheating cunts

Liverpool did [thing they didnt actually do] in the [insert 60s, 70s, 80s] and no one complained about that.

4 Likes

I have learned that there is no difference between us and City because we are owned by an American group, which is nearly the same as the American Government, and sponsored by an American Bank, which is also nearly the same as the American Government, so we are essentially sportwashing for the USA.

1 Like

I believe they looked at Everton though.

Now thatā€™s a proper scary thought.

Iā€™m becoming increasingly frustrated at City basically taking the piss in plain sight. Everyone associated with the club just doubles down on it

5 Likes

Probably helped that City had a stadium gifted to them, while Everton are waiting for their gift still.

3 Likes

It is coming on nicely. I passed it the other day. Hardly being gifted though?

1 Like

Yes, I think that was one of the major factors behind it.

Worth noting that these people, and I donā€™t rule FSG out of this, purely looked at it from an investment (sports washing) perspective. They could have easily taken on any team, the actual name and the actual club meant nothing.

1 Like

Standard Chartered is British, which means that we arenā€™t sportwashing just for the US but also for the UK.

Isnā€™t being paid for by the City with repayment terms being rather on the generous side?

1 Like

A 52k-seater ready in the near future, with the potential to be upgraded to a 62k-seater. Everton are growing at fast pace. They might become very serious opposition for us in the future.

I still regret that weā€™ll lose the proximity of those two rival stadiums, but this will admittedly be a game-changer for them, and itā€™s probably a positive for the city of Liverpool as a whole.

We are lucky that Anfield has been / is about to be further expanded, otherwise we could have been in real danger of being left behind in the longer term.

Who wants to watch Everton anyway?

1 Like

No the City council are not involved at all. There was talk of a loan some years ago or at least being a guarantor but it will be wholly funded by Moshiri and private capital. It will be great for the city. That area badly needs it.

Maybe move these last few posts to the Everton thread?

I canā€™t see us dropping into the Championship any time soon.

3 Likes

Interesting to see the pics, thank you. I just assumed it would be another pipe dream for Everton, but this appears to be happening.

Canā€™t stand them, but good for them.

I remember a kinder rivalry - I say rivalry, as it lasted 2-3 seasons in the mid 1980s when they had a good side, but apart from that they have always been in our shadow, my whole life.

If I lived there now and encountered the daily bile, I might think differently, but I want Everton to have a decent side. Not better than us, obviously, but decent enough to give them some joy and take some points from our rivals here and there, while adding to the pride of that part of the city.

3 Likes

When your primary concern going into a derby is coming out the other side with minimal casualties, it wears on the old ā€œneighbourlyā€ good will.

4 Likes

In the short term, they are no match for us. But once they come back from Championship, who knowsā€¦ :wink:

Why are we talking and listening about the Bitters in the Cheaty thread? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Why are we discussing Everton in the Cheaty thread?
Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

In Wales weā€™re going to call them Cheaty bach, while City will still be plastic Cheaty bastards.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to fathom whether this is a serious post or an attempt at satire.

3 Likes

You should consider it as serious. Have you ever seen Hope making a joke?

5 Likes