I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

After playing chicken twice, they’re in for it this year. Delaying the inevitable.

Unfortunately, there’s only one relegation place up for grabs because Luton and Sheffield United are doomed already.
It’s going to take an almighty effort to be crap enough to go down this season.
Still not sure Everton have what it takes, but would love to be proved wrong.

3 Likes

These dimwits. No, do not bring fresh investment and thinking into our club which desperately needs both.

1 Like

I do think it is something of an ‘out of the frying pan, into the fire’ situation though.

3 Likes

Can Everton get 25 points this season ?

Wait until both Luton and Sheffield beat the blue shite to jump up the league leaving the bitters in 20th

2 Likes

I think they’ll be lucky to get more than 2 points for the season

I think Luton will probably only show up against us.

Sheffield Utd at least have a fight in them.

1 Like

An update to this a month later…

1st, U21 and U18 teams combined record is…
Games Played: 15
Wins: 1 (1st team vs Doncaster in League Cup)
Draws: 2
Losses: 12
Goals For: 13
Goals Against: 36

6 of their 13 goals have been scored at U18 level - where they have lost every game.

2 Likes

They need to get relegated… to league 2 as Beto was good against Doncaster.

Are Everton and Luton the only teams who have yet to lead in a PL match this season ?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1703858105933561987

10’s of millions is misleading , so <20m loan then ?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1703855291668877532?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1703855291668877532|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

1 Like

mikel_88 said:

If another comes in that is fine with me, i am just at the end now just need something to happen. I cant say your wrong but this is what i have found.

777 Partners, or ‘Los Americanos’ as they are known in Seville, were invited into the club by Castro and now own about 15% of shares. But they have since switched to back Del Nido senior’s attempt to return as president, as the current board has refused to hear their ideas for modernising the club’s off-pitch activities. The group, which owns other clubs including Genoa, Standard Liege, Hertha Berlin, Red Star and Vasco da Gama, has also complained of a complete lack of transparency over decision-making at Sevilla and is concerned about the club’s debt growing significantly, while the squad’s value has fallen dramatically.
Fair enough
But I would also look at the fact that among financial commentators they are held in very low regard.
Are apparently already , ‘persons of interest ‘ in their homeland.
Are noted for their failure to make payments due , in one case causing an airline to have three passenger jets repossessed.
They are sharp practioners and junk bond salesmen whose self declared primary objective is to make as much money out of the clubs and their supporters as they can , while offering next to nothing in investment.
I remain convinced their arrival will be the death knell of our club.

2 Likes

:joy:

https://x.com/footiestatto/status/1704244448786362572?s=20

I just saw the laughing faces and was very confused.

For anyone else confused… the first comment says they need Harry Potter, which is the joke.

3 Likes

Potter will get better opportunities than that.

1 Like

Everton is probably Potter’s level.

1 Like

Harry!!! Well, I don’t rate him much either; I think Hermione is much cooler and rather underrated.