I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

I didn’t see the effort you speak of. I saw a chronically limited team hoping to see out a 0-0 draw whilst offering absolutely fuck all in attack.

They might not exist by then.

1 Like
5 Likes

I do think the fan base were a bit of a knob to him, he was a spokesperson and yeah some of his comments were amusing I don’t think him being removed would have changed anything.

RIP

8 Likes

I would agree that it would have not helped one bit. The poor guy probably felt worse about the treatment from fans over his cancer. I think all he did was out of love for the club and not money, e.g h&g.

4 Likes

Came across as a genuinely good bloke.

Their disgusting, rancid fanbase stopped him watching his team in his last few months but they’ll continue with their incessant nonsense about ‘kopite behaviour’ at every opportunity.

When they go down the pan, which I hope they do with every fibre of my being, I will be glad he didn’t have to witness it.

RIP Bill.

9 Likes

Bradley Lowery’s family say he will be ‘waiting with open arms’ for ‘Uncle Bill’

“Bradley will be waiting with his arms open ready to give you a big cuddle, like he did the first time he met you. Fly high Bill”

The family of Bradley Lowery said he will be waiting with “his arms open for Uncle Bill” in a heartfelt tribute to the Everton FC Chairman Bill Kenwright.
In a statement tonight the family of Bradley Lowery paid tribute to “Uncle Bill” and told of how he gave £200k to help their son access treatment abroad

The six-year-old died in 2017 after a brave and courageous battle with cancer. Bradley touched the hearts of Merseyside when he was carried on to the pitch at Goodison Park before the Premier League match between Sunderland and Everton in February 2017.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyyghZaBZ76/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=27571a1f-c4a6-4443-b1ea-7d2c9dfa2048

In a heartfelt statement tonight his family on the Bradley Lowery Foundation page on Instagram wrote: "I am absolutely devastated to hear of the passing of Bill Kenwright, aka, Uncle Bill.

"Bill was a huge part of Bradley’s fundraising journey. He donated £200,000.00 to Brad’s campaign to access treatment abroad.
That money then went into my baby’s amazing charity, on Uncle Bill say so.

"He was an amazing gentleman, who went above and beyond to help me and my family after Bradley went with the angels, Bill made sure we had time to grieve away from media, and whisked my whole family away so we could spend time together without intrusion.

“I had many long chats with Bill, always asking his advice, he was one in a million. I will never forget what he did for us. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this very sad time. Bradley will be waiting with his arms open ready to give you a big cuddle, like he did the first time he met you. Fly high Bill.”

15 Likes

Everton fans finally get what they wanted. I have a feeling that under the new ownership they may end up looking back on Kenwright with fondness.

3 Likes

Oddly stepping away from the team and the fans as a club they often do the right thing.

You feel with this new lot all three things will come together, a horrible team, a horrible fan base and a horrible ownership.

2 Likes

RIP Bill. No doubt some shite Everton fans will celebrate his death , but it’s not nice losing anyone to Cancer.

5 Likes

I hope not. Obviously, they aren’t happy with the way Everton have gone but that is one aspect of his life. Aside from his theatrical careers he was also involved in helping people with substance addiction including Paul Gascoigne when he was at Everton.

He probably should have stepped back when he secured finance from the club but I think he was concerned that there should still be a local fan’s voice at the helm.

9 Likes

I doubt they’ll celebrate his death, but sections of the fan base have treated him very badly over recent years. Now, we’ll witness the hypocrisy of those same fans, as they lay their floral tributes at Goodison.

5 Likes

Big day for the blues today…I’ve seen rumours that it’s going to be a 12 point deduction.

1 Like

If so, can VAR intervene? :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

I guess the mistake Everton have made is not employing the most expensive lawyers available to stop the formal process at every stage, taking underhand practisces to cheat, and pretending that its all fine.

Champions League Sport GIF by UEFA

5 Likes

Down GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Would put them 9 points off safety having played easy teams like Luton at home.

Oh wait

I think the mistake they made is still being crap despite cheating. It is not that awkward to punish a 16th place team that has cooked the books. It gets uncomfortable when trophies and CL spots come into question.

5 Likes

not enough brown envelopes being flown around, in the form of Cayman accounts which will sit there until retirement.

Yea maximum punishment for small time clubs, but club that has 115 breaches is still doing whatever they want.

4 Likes

To be fair Everton’s was several months before the PL put these 115 changes out.

1 Like