I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

But what would that squad have looked like without the riotous overspending that led to the points deduction?

That is the really stupid thing about it. The seasons that got them into trouble were 20/21 and earlier (Godfrey, Allan, Doucoure). Allan’s gone, the other two were regular contributors, but hardly world-beaters. The squad probably would not have looked that different, they have so little to show for that massive spending over the preceding 4 years.

Fair. I am not trying to defend them but just pointing out that for all the criticism of them being shit, regardless of how they acquired the players they have ended up with a good number of players who will be picked up if available by teams playing in or competing for europe.

777 alternatives? They haven’t even got 777 fans.

Oh wait - that’s Man City.

3 Likes

666 GIF by hands.wtf

5 Likes

Man suffers serious head injury.

6 Likes

https://x.com/BBCMOTD/status/1796832597311442952

3 Likes

They have missed the jackpot. Probably rolled a triple cherries instead of triple 7

2 Likes

Options ?

Administration surely.

Nah, they’ll blame Aston Villa for not paying enough when they signed Lucas Digne.

5 Likes

Considering their options? Well, that should take no more than a minute

2 Likes

Bless Rafa.

1 Like

Kevin Campbell has been hospitalized after falling ill last week. Not sure what exactly is wrong with him but fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

11 Likes

Laughing at this post on “ToffeesWeb” about their released players.

Liverpool coaches telling academy players “You’re going to Oldham” as they pull into Lime Street :joy: complete misunderstanding of how contracts work but they’ll believe anything that paints Liverpool as evil villains.

4 Likes

I’m impressed that he is so dedicated that he is wishing a football the best of luck in its future career.

6 Likes

23 year old Kyle John today has left Everton football club. The right back has been a regular starter in the U21 team for 5 years, he has played 99 times at youth level for the Blues, has never been on loan and never made a first team debut. He enters his 24 year old season having never played a game of senior football in his life.

Similarly MacKenzie Hunt leaves the club aged 22. He has also never been on loan, never made a first team appearance and leaves with 86 youth team games to his name.

What the fuck are Everton even doing?

7 Likes

Besides fucking up those guys career?

I look at WSAG quite often as I have a close family member who posts on there.

They are genuinely fucking deranged. Virtually every thread ends up being about Liverpool, doesn’t matter what the subject is you can guarantee 2 or 3 posts in someone will shoe-horn LFC into the argument and then it’s a fucking free-for-all. It’s their very own version of Godwin’s Law.
The mad thing is the way total nonsense is accepted as truth. Nobody ever questions anything that is written on there, it’s just accepted as fact regardless of how fucking idiotic it is.
In their demented minds Liverpool are the cause of every problem in the game be it ownership issues, breeches of FFP, VAR, dodgy referees etc. The media is absolutely crawling with ‘fucking Kopites’ who are on a mission to destroy Everton.
I long for the day these go to the wall and never come back.

1 Like

And another thing, can somebody point out to me exactly when Branthwaite became the 2nd coming of Franco Baresi because I must have missed it.

3 Likes