Jokes that don’t meet Flobs’ exacting standards thread

Mash the pineapple in one of those ziplok bags… put the steak in, seal the bag and squelch it about a tad - leave it for an hour. Yummy
It is not something that I do each time… but if there is a Pineapple that has sat in the fruit bowl for a week or two without any sign of someone eating it, then I cut it up and that is what I use it for.
Watched a survival programme where the guy carried his steak ration in the same way… I tried it and it was yummy.
I have tried it with Sirloin twice in the last couple of years, summertime with salad on the side…

1 Like

1 Like

A decent steak doesn’t need anything except some salt.

Pineapple shouldn’t be anywhere near pizza or steak, only on gammon.

Beetroot should not even be mentioned in the same breath as burger. No wonder nobody knows what an Aussie burger is.

2 Likes

blasphemy!

my jerk chicken glaze is made from the following
1/4c pineapple, blended
1/4c butter
1/4c dark rum
1/4c brown/golden sugar

also, you cannot make tacos al pastor without a pineapple

1 Like

I’d rather have Aussie rissoules instead of your god-awful burgers. Aussie beef is terrible.

stick with seafood. barramundi makes the best fish n chips

2 Likes

That’s unfair. The famous Australian dishes just roll off the tongue.
Tam Tams, Kangeroo meat, err Shrimp, err.

Don’t Aussie cattle look like sheep?

The ones I saw were emaciated and gaunt looking. Could have just been a poor herd

1 Like

Yeah, nah as the actual growers would say. The quality of Australian food is one of the (few?) things we can’t complain about.

For example:

https://www.beefcentral.com/news/aussie-entries-claim-titles-as-worlds-best-steak/

Can yas start a pineapple thread? Here for the jokes

1 Like

:0)

1 Like

because they started bringing in other lines of beef, like how someone got hold of Japanese Wagyu embryos which were never supposed to leave Japan…

now it’s everywhere, market is getting flooded with “Wagyu” beef.

I just buy whole loins from Costco and butcher my own steaks.

https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/canada-aaa-striploin%2C-6-kg-average-weight*.product.100317702.html

Looks grilled!

Yeah but it’s not Aussie food is it. It’s food made in Australia. Chicken Parmigiano for example. A bit how most English woemen know how to coook lasagne or knock up a decent curry.

Fixed for accuracy