LFC Sporting Director thread

no @mattyhurst, something has clearly happened to piss em off. You dont normally have an exodus like this unless something has happened.

Ah ok thanks for the clarification.

Something happening like the sale of the club? You frankly know fuck all and nethier do I.

3 Likes

yeah, sometimes you see teams that work closely together have people sticking around when they feel they should be moving on. Bit like being at a party, wanting to go but not be the first to leave…

1 Like

graham gone too now

something is up

I wonder if this affects our transfers for the winter window :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry , who’s Graham?

I find it strange that Julian wants to leave after only 1 season. Something is definitely going on behind the scenes.

One of our super analytical bods

Oh no! This is not good. I thought they all would stay until the end of Jurgens tenure.

James Pearce

@JamesPearceLFC

A major surprise as Julian Ward informs Liverpool he will step down as sporting director at the end of the season.

According to information from Sky, Mislintat is open to succeeding Ward in the coming season and could very well imagine working with Klopp again. For the time being, however, he wants to take a break in order to attack in top form again in the new year.

Ward and Ajax are talking and they expect to agree in the coming days.

Still extremely curious what happened that you say after 6 months i’m leaving at the end of season

Till now, LFC haven’t got a replacement. What is Gordon and Hogan doing?

Isn’t the rumour that Mislintat will step in to the role when Ward leaves at the end of the season?

It was a rumour but has been denied

1 Like

I hope not, he was terrible at Arsenal.

I think that was from dubious sources and was quashed pretty quickly.

The alternative take is his time at Arsenal shows how difficult it is to evaluate a SD in isolation from the rest of the things happening at the club. Remember how maligned our “Transfer Committee” were under Rodgers, and it turns out the people in place were incredibly competent. What is undeniable is you had a SD misaligned with the manager and ended with players there who didnt succeed. That is obviously a big part of the job…not just identifying good players, but ones the manager can use, but a big part is on the manager as well. A couple of us were talking the other day about Mavropanos and how good looks at Stuttgart and he is one of Sven’s “failures” after only making a about 10 appearances for Arsenal before they offloaded him.

2 Likes

Bayer Leverkusen’s sporting director is stepping down, so he might be the one to watch. He’s allegedly credited with bringing in their best young players.

1 Like

They said it’s not Mislintat, it’s not the guy from Monaco, but that it would be someone else from European football. The Eintracht guy was linked I think.

1 Like