Jürgen Klopp: currently still the Boss

Haha, I’ve seen that. No surprise that Jürgen stepped in to defend the new Dortmund coach tbf. Scholl should just shut up imo. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I like Jurgen’s quote on Scholl " Now he talks as if he’s eaten wisdom with a spoon’".
:smiley: :joy:. That is such a good quote.

10 Likes
13 Likes

Aww, what a beautiful and heartfelt Christmas message from our gaffer.

Also, what a lovely German tradition Jurgen mentioned.

7 Likes

Jurgen is even a greater human being. He should be anointedSaint Jurgen, patron saint of football supporters around the world. His words transcends all club rivalries and country borders

10 Likes

He needs to run in 2024.

4 Likes

The thing I’m finding with Jürgen is that every time I see one of his videos, I want to write him a letter.

2 Likes

I am becoming concerned. Klopp has adopted Wegners streaker jacket.

4 Likes

What’s stopping you?

2 Likes

Probably bought it off him. They’re the same height and build, after all.

2 Likes

I don’t want him to correctly surmise that I am crazy.

3 Likes

I’d definitely have him as our PM such wisdom

4 Likes

That video was truly unbelievable — the music banged and the message was unbelievable. Imagine not loving this man.

On a more flippant note, I liked the part when he said he played the “zoolah-phone”…I always love hearing how he pronounces words, even if it’s different than mine it’s always good fun (“What kind of car is Virgil van Dijk?” “Ess-you-whee!”). That and “my level was just playing Christmas songs, but no more.”

1 Like

I know what you mean. He sang my favourite George Michael Christmas song which was a huge bonus. What more could I want from our manager. I am enjoying every moment we have with him at the club. We only have a few more years left with him.

6 Likes

I’ve said a number of times that I generally knew of and liked him before he came to the club and thought he was a good coach (his Dortmund team in 2013 really got my attention), but he’s a way better person and manager than I had anticipated. A transformational figure.

3 Likes

Didn’t know where to put this.

4 Likes

The first introduction should be to Naby Keïta.

9 Likes

Not Joel? or Ox? or Shaqiri?

4 Likes

Schlumberger has worked with Klopp before, at Dortmund between 2011-15. He also had a stint at Bayern, so likely worked with Andreas Kronmayer and Mona Nemmer in the past, which can only be beneficial. Hopefully he can work some magic and bring some German reliability to some of our above named stars.

Hopefully he’s already done the Kabak medical…

We seem to have had quite a high turnover of medical staff of late, with Jacobsen (medical rehab and performance) and Massey (head of medical) along with three physios leaving (Rodriguez, Rohrbeck and Partridge) in the last 12 months. Lets hope it’s not the high workloads they have - managing Joel and Naby must be a challenging job.

6 Likes

Shaw? Plus some characters

2 Likes