Jürgen Klopp: currently still the Boss

I believe this season is a clear strategy for us to win the only possible cup we have not won under Klopp, the Europa League Cup.

Jurgen is a gracious fella. All this talk about only being here because of past achievements is somewhat true, but he’s the only leader at the club who offers anything approaching a mea culpa, while clearly others have played their part, too.

I don’t see Jurgen moaning about the owners. I don’t see him laying into the medical team. I don’t see him having a go at the recruitment side. Etc.

He is a leader, and a humble man, so if there’s any fault to be apportioned, he will take it upon himself. You might argue he’s the boss, so he should. But either way, I see a gracious man, as there have been many factors coming together to add up to this dog turd of a season. We’ve been over those things most of the season long.

Moving forward, with suitable investment, I fully expect us to kick on again.

But it will need more than additional personnel, even if that will help enormously. There’s a bit of a sense that the identity of the team is missing. At our peak we were a machine. In adding Thiago we tried to be a bit more measured. And since then we look betwixt and between to me.

New players have come in, and you can see the new side starting to emerge.

With a good summer in the market hopefully we kick on, with a clear identity of how we want to go about our business.

One of the comments above (might have been Hamann) said that if trust goes, it is really hard to get that back.

I think there’s some truth in that. But I also think that it’s not a binary thing, but instead, trust grows or diminishes as you go. I would imagine trust has been damaged this season.

Can it be repaired and built up again?

Absolutely. But not with the exact same set of players. Some people will pay a price and be moved on, but in its own way, that will rebuild trust.

The remaining players who have been through this season will need to buy in again, and go again, and I think that’s what we will see.

4 Likes

Jurgen has always identified as a man, but if he now decides differently I still like him, but not like him like him.

1 Like

Well, never underestimate FSG’s poor reading of the room! If Klopp goes, there will be a Chelsea style of manager merry go round as the replacements FSG can get wil either be sub-par or be off whining to the press after half a season about the ownership being not as supportive as they should be…

The accompanying write up the Athletic was originally titled “Klopp’s positions seems bulletproof, but…” I had the tab open on my browser since yesterday but didnt get around to reading it. I just clicked on it and saw the headline update to “Klopp’s positions seems secure, but…”

That’s a significant downgrading of the level of confidence they’re giving.

We carry on as we have, I’m worried I’ll be going Gimli next to Durin’s tomb.

clickbait. Jurgens going nowhere.

1 Like

If FSG sacked Jurgen they would still have a club I suppose… but no fans!

3 Likes

3 Likes

“Have”, not “has”.

3 Likes

Bob Paisley?

1 Like

Balin’s

2 Likes

Even I know that …

True, son of Fundin. Mea Culpa.

1 Like

Police in Barnsley put up E-fit posters of someone they looking for in connection to a crime… They been inundated by all the comedians up there that have called them to say it is Jurgen Klopp :0)

Wots the crime? Neglect of a midfield? :sob:

This will be an unpopular opinion but I’m saying it now: If we have another season like this next year Jurgen will be sacked. To avoid this, the playing group must be significantly revamped. I’m talking 5-6+ new faces with big presences and some players absolutely sacrificed to kickstart the dynamic. Happy to see the likes of Salah go if it helps to bring in what’s required.

2 Likes

I can’t see him being sacked if FSG don’t provide that.

I feel there should be new heads in the coaching team, one place that did have a new head (goalkeeping) hasn’t dropped like the rest.

They won’t sack him…the only scenario where that comes to light is if FSG do a Todd Boehley by giving him 600m to spend and we still find ourselves adrift so it’s safe to say there is zero percent chance of that happening.

Rodgers survived a disastrous season the year before Klopp arrived…after the back of the most humiliating loss in the clubs history.

1 Like