Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Regardless, it’s encouraging that Klopp and the club aren’t sitting on their hands and are taking legal actions against City. Hopefully that will include media figures that are pushing City’s narrative as well.

They went too far and they need to be taken down a peg or two. At the very least, it could bring their sport-washing practices back into the limelight for a short while

9 Likes

Better to listen Klopp’s pressers (this latest was from last night’s embargo section) than to rely on other people reporting it or cherry picking lines out of context.

7 Likes

Hope there’s a big show of support for the boss tonight. The UK media are a fucking joke. They should be calling out the sportwashing, not branding the one person in football with a conscience as a xenophobe

10 Likes

Speaking before Sunday’s 1-0 win over City, Klopp had said the Premier League champions - owned by Sheikh Mansour - could “do what they want financially”.

Senior figures at City were privately unhappy with those comments.

When asked if they were “borderline xenophobic”, Klopp replied: “In this specific case, I don’t feel it at all.”

He added: "I know myself. And you cannot hit with something which is miles away from my personality.

“If I was - I cannot remember the word - like this I would hate it. I would hate myself for being like this.”

(…)

“I have said a lot of times things that were a little bit open for misunderstanding. I know that,” Klopp added.

"It was not intentional, just sometimes you say things and you think, ‘Oh my God! It can be interpreted like this!’ but this is not one of these moments. Absolutely.

“It started with a question (about how to compete with City) and I answered it and all the rest was made of it,” he said.

“I know what I thought and put it in perspective and said how much I respect what they are doing and it was still not right for some.”

5 Likes

It’s just typical well worn diversion tactics. Close down the debate by accusing somebody of xenophobia/racism and it deflects away from what they see as an uncomfortable subject. It looks like City didn’t like what Klopp said as it puts the spotlight on their vile owners. So they’re trying their best to deflect it. The truth must hurt.

6 Likes

Trust me, it’s been used over LIV golf and it will be used during the Qatar World Cup.

1 Like

Simon Jordan…slowly changing my views on him over the last few months.

11 Likes

I really like SJ I gotta say, speaks very eloquently and always seems to find the right words to express his views.

Jim White is full of shit btw, stirring the pot massively. “Jurgen’s adding fire to the fuel Simon is he not”

Fuck off ya cunt.

“Man City are 12th in the table in net spend over the past 5 years, it’s facts.”

Well no it’s not ya cunt…how could anyone with half a brain cell that’s followed football over that time come to that conclusion, I don’t even need to look back and analyse it to know that.

Jurgen is way to apologetic. He should just tell reporters to stop being lazy and look for themselves.

3 Likes

he would rephrase it

“well you know, that as journalists it’s your responsibility to present facts for a debate. And those facts are found by doing research. So as a journalist, it’s you job to do research before you debate or write stories about such things which are simply not true.”

1 Like

He got something wrong, which is that City made £20m this summer. I guess it was a lazy check on transfermarkt, but only looking at their senior dealings, not the total. City’s senior dealings this summer does have them at +£18m, but they raised £35m more on younger players, all 4 between the age of 18-20 (Bazunu, Lavia, Larios, Gyabi). I’m not saying a lot of the other stuff isn’t right, but if he wants to go into arguments with other people, better have double checks.

with the hundreds of millions of dollars flowing through every one of of the EPL teams, I’m quite surprised that the regulating body (FA or UK govt) doesn’t have the clubs’ books independently audited by a large company like Deloitte to ensure it’s all legitimate…

1 Like

Because millions are spent to pamper the political, social, and other elites to ensure that’s not done.

4 Likes

Fucking hell, you are HIRED!

4 Likes
6 Likes

FA obviously not wanting that can of worms opened up completely.

Bunch of spineless cowards(politeness made me use this word(for a change))

Edited to add this from the article
“They believe the fact there was no mention of race, ethnicity, nationality or culture by Klopp would support the German’s defence of being related only to claims of perceived financial disparity and how it might affect the competitiveness of football.”

5 Likes

Jurgen didn’t even mention the teams, correct? If yes, well then it’s amazing that everyone know exactly who these teams are.

3 Likes

Was there anything to investigate???

1 Like

Sorry but

Hahahahahahahhahahaahhaahahhahahahahaahhaahhaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Would have taken FIFA 6 months and 10mil to be able to identify those teams from his comments.

3 Likes