Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

16 Likes

Someone said how will you feel when he slumps (all managers do) and I’ve never questioned he is the right person.

9 Likes

When I was coming to this thread to post that link, I saw the former players and managers thread and shuddered at the sudden thought that one day we will be posting about him in that thread rather than this one…

4 Likes

1000% this. I’m relishing the time we have with him. he will be a hero, I admire him as much as a person as I do the manager of the club.

Been asked this question: If you could go for a beer with anyone, who would it be? my answer is simple.

7 Likes

I know and where we will be then who knows, I said enjoy the next three years but I do think it will be mostly rebuild. Another major trophy would be nice mind and let’s see what happens after the World Cup.

We lose thought that it’s just not the players who mentally rest and rebuild, yes some will play in the World Cup but maybe Klopp and the team need that reset. It will be the most like his German time.

I took voluntary redundancy about 7 years ago from one job and it was 2/3rds a years salary. Finished just before Xmas and by the end of January I was flowing with ideas. I hope Klopp gets a good rest.

5 Likes

I’m not too bothered about that. I know it will hurt like hell. But I know he will go out on high and there will be so much memories to cherish.

4 Likes

‘redbj’?

He wouldn’t force a lager on you though?

I’m not questioning it, I’m a real ale drinker myself.

1 Like

Just to clarify, Erdinger isn’t a lager: it’s a weißbier. But it’s still not proper beer.

2 Likes

I drink anything that starts with B and ends in “eer”. lager, ale, stout, porter, even choke down a shitty gose.

There’s a small pizza/brewery near my place in the states which is very rural, but makes their own beer. they have an ESB on nitro that’s un-fucking-believably good. I’m taking my growlers down next time for filling.

1 Like

To be fair there is one lager that’s really nice if your ever in Cornwall and it’s the St Austell - Korev, you can get it in cans and bottles but it’s best off the pump. If you do get it in cans or bottles I’d suggest the bottle more. (I know Waitrose and Tesco have had it further a field, one or two pubs in London and the West Country too).

Sorry this has gone off the thread.

1 Like

I’d have a Lager or 10 with the great man. I would even lower myself and drink the craft beer fruity shit. And then start telling him who to select in the side. How good….

3 Likes

I’m sure that if I were ever fortunate enough to share a table in a pub with Jürgen, I’d be too mesmerised to drink anything. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Didn’t we have a Beer Thread? :thinking:

Well that’s @cynicaloldgit out of my “if you could have a pint with three TAN members…” selection then.

1 Like

well you’d be on my list, because you’re in Dublin and one of my bucket list is to have a pint or 10 of Guinness in Dublin.

Hands up if you have toured the Guiness factory and had a pint of the smoothest nectar ever at the bar… Me Me Me :0)

Me too​:heart_eyes: and i don’t even like Lager. He is just so :sunglasses:!

1 Like

I did :+1: