Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

To be honest, I’ve not really considered you enough to form an opinion on you. I’m sure you’re a sound lad.

But christ, take the feedback on board. Lots of people are telling you to reign it in. As hope says, it’s is boring, it’s not fair on a lad who has literally just joined, and joined a team in crisis at that. You did this with Adrian. Decided he was shit on day one, and it was all you talked about until he lost his spot to Kelleher.

Regarding who I am to tell you to knock it off, I’m a site Admin. So is Hope. We try not to lean into that too much, but I’d like to think this place isn’t a total Wild West, and when we make a request people listen.

thor GIF

I amazed by the number of posters who think I don’t like them. Honestly, chances are I’m really not thinking about you that much.

Then you should make it clear with what hat on you speak. A complaint I have seem many times here and on the old board.

Take that as friendly advice.

OK. Moderator request. Stop slagging off a lad who has only been at the club for a couple of weeks all over the forum.

Is that alright? Are we clear?

Not entirely, can I still criticize him in the match topics or the one that holds his name or is the subject Gakpo entirely forbidden unless I praise him …

Btw, I got that Adrian right didn’t I … :sunglasses:

What you have to rile @Mascot up for @Dutch

I for one don’t want to see his Sheriff’s Badge displayed across the forum, especially if it is a Rusty one (slang)…! :0)

[quote=“Dutch, post:2488, topic:48, full:true”]
Not entirely, can I still criticize him in the match topics or the one that holds his name or is the subject Gakpo entirely forbidden unless I praise him …
[/quote

Just have the self awareness to reign it in a bit.

Not sure you did.

Adrian came in, Alisson got injured and Adrian played about eight games in the season we won the league. He was worthy of his medal.

I view him as been a placeholder until Kelleher was ready to step up and he did that OK.

4 Likes

@Mascot

Oke, let’s leave it at that.

2 Likes

FFS. If you’re not talking about Klopp.

Fuck off!

1 Like

Moderation request

Back on topic please. If anyone would like request to be a site admin, please put it in the feedback section so the team can give it our fullest considered attention.

Anyway, back to the man at hand.

After recent comments, I think it’s absolutely fair to say that Jurgen does want to spend, want’s to spend big and is frustrated that he can’t. The arguments we’ve had on here over the years. Klopp want’s to build a squad, not buy it. Seems he had to build but would like to go Platinum Amex all over Pep’s arse.

Or, more likely, he recognises that an overhaul is needed.

Those arguments down the years aren’t negated by Klopp, half a decade after building his first great side, thinks ‘might need to rip this up and start again’

With only 3yrs left on his contract, maybe buying the main parts might now take preference over the more lengthy timescale of building

1 Like

I don’t think rebuilding should imply that it takes significant time to come to fruition, more just the profile of the players you bring in changes, as does how specifically targeted for what they do changes. The advantage of having a good squad you are happy with means you can focus your business on finding the players with the highest upside regardless of what position they play as long as their overall profile fits. They dont need to establish themselves immediately and so you wait for how the new pecking order forms and use that to dictate who you eventually move on.

That looked to the be mode we have been in for the past couple of season, and understandably so given how successful we’ve been. It explains how you can seemingly target a top CM prospect and not go out and buy someone else when you miss out on him. The rebuild just means we’ve identified players who should no longer have a key playing role and that means we have to find specific players to come in, and they have to play from day 1. More Gini than Jota

2 Likes

Jones is always injured, Carvalho isn’t up to it and Gakpo is probably earmarked as an early replacement for Firmino.

We could’ve bought a midfielder instead of Gakpo but we’d be even weaker up front, the short term situation would still be as bleak.

When you see the prices that forwards are going for, with minimal experience in first team football, then probably we saw Gakpo at less than £40m as our last chance to grab someone of that calibre before they are all £60m+.

Villa signing a 19 year old with 8 goals in MLS for £16m has blown me away honestly. MLS for fucks sake.

1 Like

Ross Mccormack who I don’t ever recall playing in the Prem moved around championship clubs for 15m…this was 5-6 years ago, at that point I knew the market had gone into overdrive.

I don’t even need to have seen this kid Villa signed to know he’s more talented.

I remember typing on the old forum that selling Suarez for £50m was worth it as we could swap him for 2 x £25m players who’d have been 80% as good.

Players are like wine, that 20% better doubles the price.

1 Like

It seems your essay of Billionaires frittering their wealth away in sports doesn’t applies to Nasser bin Ghanim Al-Khelaifi or Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan…